Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday's
    [​IMG]

Dove Men Face Wash
    Jeeves of Hudson Street Velvet Jacket
    Jayaruh #92
    Gillette Injector
    Chinese Schick
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    T.N. Dickinson's WH
    Florida Water

The Jeeves of Hudson Street Velvet Jacket face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #92 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Injector with a Chinese Schick blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with T.N. Dickinson's WH and then Florida Water Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

So this is what SE shaving is all about!
    I used a MicroMatic Clog-pruf today for the first time, courtesy of my friend Justin Wastell. My first impression is very positive - easy and much more comfortable than the MMOC. I made three drama free passes for a satisfying dolphin smooth finish. Dr. Jon's 1803 yielded slick lather to my Bronze Shadow brush, and the 1803 aftershave is soothing and smells great.
    Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
    Soap: Dr. Jon's 1803
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Bronze Shadow
    Razor: Gem MicroMatic Clog-pruf
    Blade: Gem PFTE
    AS: Dr. Jon's 1803
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Splendid beard shave with the Clog-Pruf, but the SE proves a more capable head shaver. A first pass with a Blue bladed bakelite Shake Sharp was just too rough to go all the way, the SE in for the save.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

This was my fifth shave with my Asylum RX and Feather Pro blade. I posted my first shave on the SOTD thread so allow me to digress.

The first shave was on a three-day growth so on the first pass after learning the angle of the razor there was still a little tugging. Second pass with smooth and came away with a BBS shave. The next day the second shave was smooth another BBS shave. The next day there was really no need for another shave but I figured why not. BIG mistake. I had the day off and my grandson was staying with me and I was a little distracted. I learned that this razors sings even after the hair is mowed down. I went for some touch-up. Too much touch up and came away with major irritation. I didn't shave for three days again.
    So yesterdays shave was on a three-day growth beard. The first pass there was a little tugging but the second pass was smooth as silk... DFS.
    Today's shave was 1 light pass against the grain. Another DFS. I did change my soap and went from L&L grooming bison tallow to Proraso green just to change up the mix a little. I still prefer the L&L grooming bison tallow because it is a really slick soap.
    I did learn that even though the razor sings doesn't mean it didn't get all my beard. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I will continue to use the Asylum until my black Colonial General comes in later this week and give that one a whirl. Then it's back to the Asylum RX until I feel I have it mastered.

... to be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I hear ya - an embarrassment of riches. :bounce017:

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wolf Whiskers with Envy White Two Band
    Cold River Soap Works Lavish
    The OneBlade
    GEM SS PTFE #5
    Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande
    Terre d'Hermes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I just want to go on record as saying that the GEM 1912 Damaskeene is a marvel of shavecraft and has secured a place in my heart and atop my current razor den. It is a pleasure to shave with, and has looks to match its performance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

For patentheads, Mongoose has obtained a design patent for their razor, providing protection against designs deemed "substantially similar". As far as I know no utility patent claim was made so it's essentially an ornamental protection. Only the appearance of the parts of the razor head visible in use are protected by the design patent (thus the way the way a blade is secured is neither protected nor described).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BylTR_fxv0rzcFluZlZLTUdfb3c/view?usp=drivesdk

[​IMG]

(FWIW I find the referenced old utility patents far more interesting than Mongoose's design. See particularly 2637101 which clamps an injector blade in a flexed position using a retracting spindle and utilizes an improved channel for blade alignment).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  9. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Wed. 1/11/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 11th Jan

This ER seems quite small after using longer handled razors. Found it very noisy without a shim, and rather harsh on the upper lip and chin.
    I actually stopped my Shave, and inserted a 1/2 spine shim. So smooth was able to finish off with no mishaps, and a top class finish .

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Shartooth, you're spot on with your assessment! The Damaskeene is truly a marvel and is one of the top SE razors of all time in my humble opinion. It's a simple, yet elegant design, provides fantastic shaves and is virtually indestructible. I'll go out on a limb here and say it should be on the list of top 10 razors of any kind of all time! Between the Damaskeene and the ER 1914, all a man could ever needed for fantastic shaves was available over 100 years ago!

@Bird Lives will back me up on this. These razors cut through whiskers like the sound of a hot jazz band cutting through the air of a smokey club on a Saturday night in July!

12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Superb Clog-pruf shave
    I continue to be impressed with this vintage SE razor. It is so much smoother than its open comb cousin, but maintains the same efficiency and "buttering toast" sound as it reduces my stubble. Defiance gave up thick slick lather to my Bronze Shadow, providing ample protection for a drama free experience. The scent is a peppery orange sandalwood, which is extended by the matching aftershave, leaving my skin feeling and smelling great.
    Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
    Soap: Dr. Jon's Defiance
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Bronze Shadow
    Razor: Gem MicroMatic Clog-pruf
    Blade: Gem PFTE
    AS: Dr. Jon's Defiance
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Wednesday's
    [​IMG]

Dove Men Face Wash
    Jeeves of Hudson Street Conservatory
    Jayaruh #92
    Gillette Injector
    Chinese Schick
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    T.N. Dickinson's WH
    Florida Water

Another great performer: the Jeeves of Hudson Street Conservatory face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #92 synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Injector with a Chinese Schick blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with T.N. Dickinson's WH and then Florida Water Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD January 11, 2017

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick J1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Route 66 Rum Runner
    WTG, touch-up

Hmmmm......this J1 muddies the waters a little bit. I thought I had settled with the I1 and G1 as top dogs. But the J was reeeaaaallllllyyyyy smooth and enjoyable. It was only my first shave with it but I found it to be quite comfortable. I'm pretty darn smooth for just one pass and touch-up. It will get used another two or three times before I move to the next one. But today's shave was quite nice.

Have a great day!

IMG_1116.JPG

15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Shake Sharp v2 with a shimmed Permasharp. Crazy close shave. I don't think quite as easy going as the stabilized v1 but baby dolphin butt smooth results.

[​IMG]

16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I'm a day late posting this. Still on the road and day 6 of consecutive shaves with my C3. Once again, superb in every way. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Honig Shave Soap
    Simpson Case Best Badger
    Schick C3
    Schick (6)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm
    C3 AOS HASH SC AOS.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm still with ya!

18. Robyflexx

19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 12th Jan
    Seem to be on same song book as Robby. My 3rd Shave with a Schick N3. When equipped with a modern Schick Twin blade, it is outstanding and IMHO the best of the modern Schicks,and gives my PAL razors a run for their money.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Robyflexx

:happy088:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.