Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I presume that the forks are slightly different in the I2 and the Golden 500 but don't have the latter to compare.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Karl G and John Beeman like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Atta Boy Hodge! You won't regret it! These are one amazing design, and strong as a tank. Look very closely at the movement created when turning the tto knob. This robotic motion and the general Art Deco look of the OCMM, reminds me of one of those Antennaed Gadgets from The Jetsons....This razor was GEM's flagship razor in 1930, so far ahead of their time.
    image.jpg image.jpg

I had my Gold Micromatic all shined up and sitting on an empty shelf in a bookcase, along with maybe six other vintage razors. One day, this is maybe 5 years ago, I was living in Istanbul and had a trumpet student drop by my house for a lesson. He was walking by that bookcase and that Micromatic caught the light from the window and was so shiny. It sometimes would look like it winked at you. He was walking by and stopped dead still, turned around and walked straight to that bookcase and said, Is that a shaving razor? I said, yes...And he said, thats the most beautiful razor I have ever seen! It's a work of art! Now this young man had a long thick red beard. He looked like a viking, he had an Erick the Red thing going on, but he said, " A razor that beautiful could make me shave my beard!...:shocked003:.......:happy097::happy096:

I fell out!!!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I took a look this morning and the forks appear to be the same between the I2 and the 500 (including the Lady Schicks).

The blades that have the smaller round hole (vs. the elongated ones) are the "Golden Swedish Steel".
    I've gotten packs of them included with Schick Golden 500 razors so I've assumed they fit those razors. It probably wouldn't make good marketing sense to not have your blades fit other razors so maybe it was just something to do with the manufacturing machines and equipment.

I'm curious what the "gold" is. Is it just some color coating or some different type of material? Did it make a difference in shave quality or was it just a marketing thing to match the Golden 500 razor? Looking through the little blade supply "window" on the cartridges I noted that two of my 20 packs have gold edges on all the blades but one of my 20 packs only has gold edges on the first 10 blades. I thought that was kind of interesting.

Hodge, Karl G and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sun. 2/12/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 12, 2017​
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti​
    Feather Pro Super (1)​
    Shavemac Silvertip D01​
    MdC Vetyver​
    Fine Fresh Vetiver​
    [​IMG]

6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

:happy068:
    Great story. I did manage to find a nice shiny example in the off chance it becomes a display item:D I also bought a Clog-Pruf model for comparison. :happy088:

7. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Haven't been on the forums much lately, needed to reduce my social media interaction for a bit. Anyways, here was this mornings shave.
    Razor: GEM featherweight
    Blade: Shimmed GEM stainless
    Lather: B&M 42
    Brush: Stirling Finest
    [​IMG]

8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I used my new Black Hawk for the first time. I checked out Mantic59's review and he said to use a very light touch. Holding the razor near the tip of the handle allowed me to have control without any pressure. It is very, very light. Never having used a Feather blade of this type before I was a little apprehensive. The razor appears to have quite a bit of blade exposure. As I started to shave I was keenly aware of the blade. I concentrated on a shallow angle where I could feel the blade and the top cap. Never once did I feel I would nick myself. I was surprised how easy to use the razor is. I did a two pass DFS and my face feels wonderful. I picked this razor up on another forum for $20 and I consider it a wonderful deal.
    20170211_154916.jpg

HERM

9. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Blade: Chick
    Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
    Post Care: Thayers Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub
    Alum
    Aftershave: Avon Leather

First try of an SV soap and man is this stuff good; extremely slick, great protection, nice scent. I can see why its popular among straight shavers. I had read that this soap was thirsty and once I added a little more water than usual, it shined. The scent is woody with a nice leather and amber base. Great shave to start the day. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jim99, Jayaruh and 8 others like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Pretty flawless shave. I think it's a Plus Platinum in there. Really should write things down. Good lookin' too. Guess I should get a C3.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, ob1page, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nice razor! The C is in my wish list.

HERM

12. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Great looking C1. The C3 is my favorite of the three C's

clint64, Herm2502, Robyflexx and 3 others like this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Anybody have advertisements for the C series? See plenty for A and B but not finding C ads.

clint64, Hodge, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD February 12, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick L1 injector
    Brush: None - hand lathered
    Lather: Speick shave cream
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Speick aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Efficient shave with the L1 injector. This razor is becoming my travel razor. It's easy to use but I also bought it at a price point that is okay if something were to happen to it. I enjoy using it each time. Pretty good shave in the end with the L1 and Speick cream.

Have a great evening!

SOTD 2-12-17.JPG

jimjo1031, ob1page, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The schick I1 loaded with a twin blade was perfect today. 3 passes resulted in a dolphin smooth face. I plan to stay with this razor all week, its so comfortable to use.

jimjo1031, ob1page, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Menthol Monday, February 13, 2017

Elite Razor Larimar with Romera Manchurian
    Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
    Wolfman WR1-OC with Darwin Titanium
    Feather HS
    Stirling Black Ice Witch Hazel
    Gold Bond Green Lotion
    Barrister and Mann Arctique

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, ob1page, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 13, 2017​
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti​
    Feather Pro Super (2)​
    Shavemac Silvertip D01​
    MdC Vetyver​
    Fine Fresh Vetiver​
    [​IMG]

As usual the weekend was entirely too short. The Shavemac easily whipped up the MdC into a wonderful rich lather. A Two pass shave, XTG & ATG, followed by minimal touch ups ended in a near BBS. This is more than good enough for a Monday morning. I finished the shave with a splash of Fine Vetiver. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

jimjo1031, ob1page, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

And now the wait :char039:
    I can't wait to hear your Captain's Log Entry for the Maiden Voyages....
    I glad you got both...I love the Clog Pruf aswell...My favorite moves back and forth between the two....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD February 13, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick G1 injector
    Brush: Omega Hi synthetic
    Lather: Proraso Green
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Nice shave with the G1 this morning. So smooth and easy. Nice little menthol touch with Proraso Green and the Barbasol aftershave.

Have a great day!

SOTD 2-13-17.JPG

jimjo1031, ob1page, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I've been absent from this thread for quite a while. I will be returning after Fatboy February. I currently have this for my line up:
    Schick C
    Schick E3
    Schick G3
    Schick I Hydro-Magic
    Schick L1
    Gillette Injector
    Pal Injectomatic
    Bunny V3
    I will rotate through these razors for the March Maddness.

jimjo1031, twhite, ob1page and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.