Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. I'm still searching for the preferred setting on the adjustable M3 :D. The rest of the products performed perfectly.

Karl G, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

What setting are you on now, and how does it compare to other settings?

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I've only tried it on setting 3. It does seem too mild at the lower settings and plan to go aggressive tomorrow.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

Douglas Carey and Karl G like this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks Roger.

6. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: Supply Provision Custom 2 dot head
    Blade: Chick
    Brush: RazoRock Tri-color
    Soap: Mason Boutique Moroccan Sunset
    Post Care: Thayers Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub
    Alum
    Aftershave: Uncle Jon's Silk Road

A couple of firsts today, the razor and the soap. First, the razor. This is a fantastic razor, it's heavy, very well made, heavy, nice selection of heads, heavy, stainless steel...did I mention it's heavy? I love the weight of this razor, I just let gravity do all the work. The head is small enough to get into tight spaces around my nose, the shave angle is easy to find and it's very audible, a feature I really like. My only complaint is the handle is slightly slippery when wet but it's minor. I'm very happy I splurged on this razor.

The soap. This is my first try of the Mason Boutique brand and I was impressed. The scent off the puck was fantastic; amber, cinnamon, a little citrus with lots of spice notes. Upon lathering the scents intensified on the first pass. At the second pass something weird happened. All the spice notes went away and it smelled exactly like Arko. Now I don't mind Arko but that's quite a switch. The performance of the soap made me forget the scent however; very slick, nice cushion, easy lather. This is a top shelf performer. I splashed on some Uncle Jon's Silk Road and I'm ready for the day. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Karl G, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Forget the three dot, with the one dot plate and the trimmed Personna Blue the SE becomes a mini-Rocnel. Whether you think that's a good thing or not I don't know but it's an aggressive but still comfortable and very close shave and personally I like it.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Karl G, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  8. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm going to have to try that

9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Performs much better with a Twin blade.

Rufus T., Karl G, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

That's the spirit, you've only got your face to lose. LOL. I think you'll like it higher.

HERM

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Never been one to let fear and common sense hold me back....:D

12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
    Fine Platinum
    Wolfman WR1-OC Darwin Deluxe Titanium
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    Fine Platinum Aftershave
    Creed Adventus

[​IMG]

Jim99, jimjo1031, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great setup and picture with a beautiful brush Mark. :happy096:

14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yeah, @Boojum1 .....Beautiful Brush....

15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Ladies and Gentleman.....to those elder Denizens around....He needs no introductions.....But to these youngins I see runnin round here and to those new to this SE-Hood...

Let me introduce you to one of the finest gentleman to ever swing a Single Edged razor...:smiley respect:..Mr @HoosierTrooper ....
    A Single Edge Blade Slinger and GEMocrat of the Highest Order! Tom here has forgotten more about these beautiful Works of Fuctional Art than I will ever know. And I can say that without a moments hesitation. He was my personal sensei or gemsei whichever the case may be...And was very generous with his knowledge, experience, and razors....

So Tom, are you planning on maybe hanging out for a shot of menthol or two...or are you just passing through?
    I'm sure alot of the cats around here would love to catch up with you....and others would like to "Pick your whiskers" :shocked003:, and dig your thoughts on SE whisker whackers...

What have you been up to...and what are your "go to" kits these days? And have you heard anything from the Rocket dood or Fuzzy lately? I miss the hangs! We used to have some great hangs! But we're too young to delegate those hangs to the past...};^D... So lets put the lather to the face, and terrify some whiskers, how 'bout it?:taunt002:

BTW....I thank you & my wife thanks you for that Micromatic....It makes it soooo easy for me to get face rubbing compliments from the little lady! I'll take it! That Micromatic :git:!!

The HFT I knick-named Spike...had to keep him on a short leash...he would bite, everytime! That was the most fractious MILD razor I ever knew. Very mild, but would nip and draw blood if I turned my back for a second!!! Nope, still have him, but keep him under lock and key.

The Ornate Gold ER 1912, is a jewel! More aggressive than my Damaskeenes...just about perfect in every way....A friend borrowed it awhile back to check out TWS...He loves it!!!....hmmm, might be time to send in the Marines :transport024:....Maybe I'll ask him to swap it for this really great G bar I have...:happy097::happy102:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Rufus T., Jim99, twhite and 7 others like this.
  16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sun. 2/19/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

Jim99, MPF9, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent photo Roby. :happy096:

Karl G, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Thanks Doug. Have a great day my friend. :)

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Going up to 45*F here today. A shorts and t-shirt day. :)

twhite, Hodge, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  20. Robyflexx

Summer's back! :happy102:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.