Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I wonder how they get away without disclosing ingredients beyond "a proprietary blend of seed and nut oils".

Yeah my homemade oils work just fine as well, just not as much fun as playing with lather.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

whiteboy_cannon, clint64 and Karl G like this.
  2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Say, has anyone tried a twin blade in an E2? I eased one into mine the other night, and it closed up fine. I might try it tonight, just for grins & giggles.

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

As well you should. Looking forward to the report.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

clint64 and Karl G like this.
  4. '65 G-Slim

If anything...interesting...happens, I'll post pics. Or have my next of kin do so.

Edit: Locked 'n' loaded, boys, I'm goin' in. Let'cha know something in about an hour.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    clint64, Hodge, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  5. '65 G-Slim

Razor: Schick E2
    Blade: Gillette Trac II twin
    Soap: Arko
    Brush: Strong Set boar
    ASB: Nivea Sensitive Cooling

I opened up the head to remove the old single blade, then pushed it closed but *not* locking the spring. I was able to inject the twin with no problem, and eased the spring closed. I used a gentle touch at first, not knowing what to expect, and knowing the E was a bit more aggressive than my G types. I was pleasantly surprised; seems the twin made the E *feel* milder. I made no changes in my technique other than slowing down somewhat. But it felt so much smoother than with a single. I did my usual scrub 'n' buff, and cross-cut back & forth across my throat, and got a shave pretty much like my '46 hybrid last night. Overall, a pretty successful experiment.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    EzraCobb, MPF9, Billyfergie and 7 others like this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Will be trying out the Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf tomorrow for the first time.

MPF9, Billyfergie, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Can't wait! :char039:

Billyfergie, Karl G and clint64 like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 24, 2017​
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti​
    Feather Pro Super (13)​
    Rubberset 400 #3 with WSP HWM​
    Route 66 Rum Runner​
    Fine Fresh Vetiver​
    [​IMG]

twhite, MPF9, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yo @MPF9 , hows tricks?
    I thought of you today...Today was my homage to one of my favorite "Run of the Mill" razors...:happy102:But still my favorite razor on many levels, too many reasons to get into here..

Just a simple 'Bb' Schick-Eversharp I2 Hydro-magic, with a simple modern EMS/Personna rebranded blade.
    Arko Stick, Vintage Stag Badger Refurbed brush (tks. G. Carrington)...
    3 passes, simple WTG, XTG, & ATG...then a few touch up strokes with Witch Hazel instead of lather, below the jaw line...
    Results....Perfect!!! This razor is still my Highlander (If there could 'be only one' ) razor !

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Rufus T., Billyfergie, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD February 24, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick J1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    WTG, touch-up

Fat Friday! Nice shave with Mitchell's this morning. Easy lather, slick and protective. The J1 is a smooth razor. All is well with this shave and I hope the best for everyone else.

Have a great Friday!

SOTD 2-24-17.JPG

Billyfergie, Karl G, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Finishing up my week with the PAL injectomatic. Using a Chick blade and TOBS Eaton College cream I've only managed an acceptable shave IMO. Tried to chase the baby, but he was a fast little bugger and couldn't be caught. Not a bad shave, just not close. Guess I'm a bit disappointed.

HERM

Karl G, PLAla and clint64 like this.
  12. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Dolpin smooth and effortless getting there. :D Like you said the engineering that went into this razor is incredible.

clint64, Bird Lives and Karl G like this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Nice to hear how this went. When you get done with the twin let us know if it weakened the grip at all on holding a standard single edge blade. Twins do amazing things to a shave. I've always been tempted to try one in an F but afraid of mucking up the spring tension. (Even though it could probably be fixed pretty easily.) :duel:

'65 G-Slim, clint64, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  14. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

The Head Can be Damaged Using Twins in a Type E..It Changes the Dynamics Also..The Twins are Wider & Thicker..:angelic007:

Billy..:chores016:

clint64, Hodge, Rufus T. and 4 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Had a crazy shave with a new to me "Streamline", was a cheap buy which was just as well [details in a min ]

16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 24th Feb

Ever Ready Streamline & Gem [6 ]
    Was eager to try out this addition to my "Streamline " Stable.Couple of strokes in, felt edge Sharp. Shave stopped and found out that one blade stop was part missing, so the blade had slipped. Being obstinate,. re set the blade and carefully and slowly finished the Shave.
    Pleased to say I actually because of the care taken, I achieved one of those Superb Streamline Shaves, that those who like that razor can achieve. Pleased to say no blood bath, and Razor may be a nice paper weight, handle might go on a 1924. Notified the vendor who was not really knowledgeable about razors, she was pleased no blood spilt and has already made a refund -:)
    :)

IMG_1179.jpg

clint64, Jim99, Billyfergie and 4 others like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Twins work well in later Schicks [not Hydro Magics] I have super shave with them in both I1 & N3, IMHO better than in an Adjustable, a bit more feel.

18. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

I rarely ever win a lot ebay auction with no counter bids, but this lot was labeled as Gillette Trac II, and I think this flew under the radar.... I snagged this up. these blades seem rare now. how are they as compared to the modern Japanese II blades?

[​IMG]

clint64, Jim99, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Tomorrow I start a week will the Schick Adjustable.
    20170224_212330.jpg

HERM

clint64, Jim99, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

i like your stand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.