Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Arko today baby!! The synthetic knots seem to love it. Today was my 30DC Tuxedo with a 1912-14 ER lather catcher. A couple day old treet did great all topped off with VIBR. SWEET!!!

tmp_23710-20170624_1547121452258460.jpg

2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 25th June

Brass General & Schick Proline Type P [ 6 ]

IMG_1356.jpg

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

That razor looks like one of the most beautiful instruments of persuation, rescued from a dungeon during the Spanish Inquisition....:eek:.....She is a beaute though...but a scary looking beaute to the uninitiated... :happy108:

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very true my friend. Super smooth shave. Very glad I dropped the ching for this one.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 25, 2017
    OneBlade Core
    Feather
    Romera Olive Wood Synthetic
    Fine L’Orange Noir

[​IMG]

On a road trip with my daughter in Morgantown, WV. I love the L'Orange Noir soap in shave stick form. The Romera whipped up a great lather despite me not using enough product. A smooth effortless 3 pass shave followed my minimal touch ups came close to the baby. A splash of the matching aftershave and we are off to hike this morning. I hope everyone has a great Saturday

Linuxguile, Safe As, Jorvaljr and 5 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Nivea Men Face Wash
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #188
    Gem 1911 Lather Catcher
    CVS SE
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Lucky Tiger

After my face wash, I applied Proraso Pre Shave Cream. The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #188 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gem 1911 Lather Catcher with a CVS blade, and I ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sunday, June 25, 2017

El Druida D-7 Manchurian
    CRSW Juniper
    Colonial Razors 'The General"
    Feather Pro Super
    CRSW Juniper AS
    ADP Blu Mediterraneo Ginepro

[​IMG]

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Enjoy your time with your daughter Clint. Just got home. Nice looking shave.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great setup and picture amigo.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Boojum1 and clint64 like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Amigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey likes this.
  11. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_6928.jpg
    Fantastic shave today. With a nice view from the shave den. I don't normally shave in the shave den but lol all bathrooms were being used and we have to get ready to go. Here is the view from my door while I was shaving
    IMG_6930.jpg

Something about having the door open and hearing birds chirping and feel the warm breeze made it feel like I was out in the country.

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks great. :eatdrink047:

clint64 likes this.
  13. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

You're the best Herm! :)

(Ah, but from which side was it out of balance Master Jedi?!!)
    :think002:

Karl G, Herm2502, twhite and 2 others like this.
  14. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

IMG_5047.JPG Inspired by all the recent reports from many of you using your Damaskeenes, I pulled mine out to get reacquainted with it.

Using it for the past week I marveled at the relative ease of shave, especially after using my Single Edge for the previous two weeks. (btw- anyone wanting to try my Single Edge on an open-ended loan should send me a PM.)

As mentioned and as most would attest, the 100+ year-old Damy is a comfortable shave. My guess is that the makers were looking to take people directly from a straight razor to one with a handle. (and a relatively small handle compared to what eventually evolved with safety razors)

For a ‘cap rider' like me, the shave angle is almost completely intuitive. Just a few strokes and I'm shaving with ease.

To me, my OC Damy seems to be a mild shaver. (btw - I've only used the modern Gem PTFE blades so far.)

For my daily, work week shaves, a good razor gets the job done with only a single pass - ATG. Doing the same with the Damy, I'm going about 10 hours before I feel stubble - not my best razor that way, but the smooth feel of this razor, especially around my hot spots (upper lip/mouth corners) provides such an easy and quick shave that it is a razor that I'll happily reach for when I wake up and say, "Which one today!"

I'll be spending at least a couple more weeks with it. I've been reading your posts recently about different blades for it, but feel free to send along your best (and worst!) blade recommendations for this razor.

Cheers!
    RT

15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks for that Clint!

I thought I had noticed that it was replated and was going to ask you where you had it done.

As I've never had this done on a razor before..one question - do you think the replating diminishes the "relief" in all the script work on this razor?

ALSO - before replating, did they do any dental work? Mine has a couple of teeth that appear to be slightly bent.

Thanks
    RT

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    clint64, Karl G, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Vince I didn't notice and diminishing in the lettering. I have an original Damaskeene so I'll compare the two when I get back in town. Mine did not have any issues requiring any work so it was just a straightforward refinishing.

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

@Bird Lives was right I did have a G8 in the hutch. I doubt it will leave now that I tried it. Very close to a shave with the E2. Loved it!! Used Burma Shave soap and brush. Bully!!

Attached Files:

18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Doug! :happy088:

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 26, 2017
    OneBlade Core
    Feather
    Romera Olive Wood Synthetic
    Fine L’Orange Noir

[​IMG]

Redfisher, Roderick, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  20. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

June 26, 2017
    Razor: Schick E2 Injector
    Blade: Personna (2)
    Brush: Cremo by Vie-Long
    Cream: KMF fragrance-free

Second shave with the E2 and Personna blade, this time with two days growth. Despite advice to the contrary, the razor and blade combo seems to work well for me. I'd call it a BBS or near enough with no incidents. Alum was quiet though I think I may have a small irritated patch on my neck. I continued to be impressed with this razor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.