Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I used my PAL adjustable this morning. I love this razor! Paired up with Williams soap and a knockoff Skin Bracer aftershave, I had a great shave!
    IMG_2500.jpg

2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I've decided to come back to my SE/injector razors to see which ones are keepers and which might need a new home. Used my G8 yesterday and this morning along with my Whipped Dog brush and TOBS sensitive. Not a bad shave at all. I might be getting the hang of these razors. At least a DFS, maybe better. Tiny bit of irritation under my chin, but that's not unusual. I've got to revisit my E2, E3, Hussey, Pal, B1, B2, L and others (can't remember).
    [​IMG]

Herm

Roderick, Rufus T., Jorvaljr and 7 others like this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Shavemac ATG LE Silvertip D01Two Band Flat Top
    Dirty Deeds Green Tweed
    OneBlade CORE
    Feather FHS-10
    Fine Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

Roderick, Jorvaljr, Herm2502 and 6 others like this.
  4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

This link is a great reference for understanding the mechanics of the G1. https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/the-eversharp-schick-g-type-injector-razor.137589/ :happy088:

It also discusses the potential fix but doesn't have a picture showing the placement of the needle nose pliers for the fix. However, I think it is intuitive enough that you won't need a picture. Just follow the directions. It worked once for me after repeated tries but not in other cases. If the blade rattles at all when you shake the razor it's no good. :shocked003:

If you really want to see a picture somewhere out there is another post on some forum showing it. It is what I used but unfortunately didn't save it.

5. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't despair too much yet. Based on the bent tab on the G8, I'd say a previous owner set it to open up like an E-series. With any luck they didn't bend the actual spring to where it loses tension against the blade holder. (I actually saw a post on a foreign-language shaving forum where someone modded a G1 by deliberately removing that tab in order to be able to open it up and use a blade from a magazine with no key (Schick Proline B-20).)

As for the one with the crumbled handle, I almost wish I could find one in that condition. It seems like it might be fun to carve or mold a replacement handle. :)

Rufus T., Jorvaljr, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  6. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

So update on my injectors. I used the G1 that I was able to save yesterday for my first pass on this mornings shave. It was nice. I am thinking I will give the razor to my youngest son. Then got out the G8 for pass #2. The one with the bent tab. I had a few issues loading the blade(didn't quite load right) but boy was it a great shaver. The blade was snug in the razor. No movement at all. I will keep this one just the way it is.

@John Ruschmeyer if you want to make a handle for a G Type I have a head with no handle. Lets get together. Send me a PM.

Sent from my phone using some app

Rufus T., Jorvaljr, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 28th June

Supply Single Edge V1 & Schick Proline Type B ( 2 )

IMG_1359.jpg

Roderick, Jorvaljr, Herm2502 and 6 others like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

If there is no rattle when you shake the razor with the blade loaded you should be OK, But if there is any rattle at all it will end up biting you at some point. :shocked003:

Rufus T., Linuxguile, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  9. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Nope none, but that doesn't mean it won't turn on me one day and bite me in the rear. Oh wait I don't shave there.

Sent from my phone using some app

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:happy097:

Rufus T., Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

A+, already nBBS at two passes but hate to waste the lather kind of shave. Shovelhead/Blue Star is capable of the best shave I get from any razor, but depends entirely on blade QC. Good one today.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Roderick, Rufus T., Jorvaljr and 9 others like this.
  12. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Tonight was a great shave, that I had to share. I've been learning the straight razor, finishing with the Schick E3. Well I've been having some trouble with my right eye, and didn't want to be in front of the light any longer then necessary, so I decided to go with just the Schick E3 (all hail the Schick Injector!)

I decided to go with the TSD Monkey Farts shaving cream, which I've had but never had much luck with so it just went on the back burner. With my Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle running low, I decided to go with the Monkey Farts. Well with a healthy dollop, my Turkish copper mug/bowl, and Maggard's synthetic brush I was able to whip up some great lather, with that wonderful monkey farts scent wafting in the air.

The shave went well, two passes and some touchups with the amazing Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel. I hadn't done the alum test in awhile and decided to give it a go since everything felt right, and it was 96.7% quiet. Some more Thayer's splashed on the face, letting it dry while cleaning up and then a splash the AMAZING TSD Energy Aftershave Milk and I was good to go.

Definitely a Grade A shave.

Roderick, Rufus T., Jorvaljr and 9 others like this.
  13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Way too much information...

Herm

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Great shave today from a G8 and Williams. Very little prep time. I use to think prep was super important. Now I think it is more just part of the ritual. The shaves are the same.

Roderick, Rufus T., Herm2502 and 5 others like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 29th June

ES Claymore V1 & Feather Pro [ 2 ]

IMG_1364.jpg

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 29, 2017
    Colonial Razors “General”
    Feather Super Pro
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Reef Point Test Depth
    Witch Hazel
    Cool Water EDT

[​IMG]

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thursday, June 28, 2017

The Varlet Orion
    Panna Crema Nuavia Blu
    Colonial Razors 'The General'
    Feather Pro Super
    Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool
    Brooks Brothers Blue

[​IMG]

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD June 29, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick M adjustable injector
    Brush: Surrey badger
    Lather: Fine Lavender
    WTG, touch up

Smooth and close shave with the Schick Adjustable injector. Went with setting 7 for a smooth ride. I really like this razor. Excellent lather from the Fine Lavender soap certainly didn't hurt. Overall a quite enjoyable shave.

Have a great day!

SOTD 6-29-17.JPG

19. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

I have an open comb Damaskeene that needs some tweaking. Does anyone know of a person that repairs SE's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey, Karl G and PLAla like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I will let you know. I just received an OC Damaskeene in the mail today. It needs to have the spring tweaked. What is wrong with yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.