Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Good suggestions, the Adjustable is a really nice injector. Also, I forgot the C repeater. That one is still on my "find"list.

Herm

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Mongoose AlumiGoose
    Blade: Captain Titan Mild (3)
    Brush: Oscar 11, w/Omega 10049 Boar
    Soap: Reef Point Soap Classic Barbershop
    A/S: Folsom Shambala
    Bowl: Boise Mudworks Olive

Three pass with a light touch up for a DFS. I find that a heavier handle works best for me with the AlumiGoose. Folsom Shambala is an other one of my favorite aftershaves.
    18 07 17.jpg

Linuxguile, MPF9, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

OK guys.....Awhile back we had a series of injector shave-offs....we had many winners...
    Some very astute shavers picked the F-type, some the D types....these would be the Ferrarri type injectors, very exotic.
    Some fell into the Hussy Camp and a few also seem smitten with the C3 Repeater, which really isn't an injector, but we will include it for now....if it comes to a tie...we might disqualify repeaters but for now it's an open field...
    And many sware by the PAL Injecto-matic...and The standard E2 has it's fans...and some very lucky with rare finds say the E1 is king, but most will never live to see one...

Well, now it's a new day and so many here have scored so many incredible injectors...even in just the past 2 years I've seen more Unicorn Tears and hard to find razor pass through this party, than ever before...

And now we have alot of new cats making this scene,who want to know the real deal, so lets fess up!

SO........WHAT IS or WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE INJECTORS ??? PICS IF POSSIBLE PLEASE.....WITH EXPLANATIONS... I know, we all have some faves for different reasons...Some have one pick for a daily driver, one for special occassions, one for travel, one for when you haven't shaved for a week, and so on and so forth...SO I'm NOT ASKING YOU TO PICK ONLY ONE, UNLESS YOU CAN....LOL!

We'll do SE razors next, so be thinking about it!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    twhite, Jim99, Douglas Carey and 5 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Favorite Injector eh...... My E2. It's not a hard pick. Easily the most aggressive and efficient shave. It also counts that I got it from a good friend on here. Next in line is probably my M. Great shaves and it came from another great guy and good shave buddy.

5. Herm2502

Wednesday setup

Another day with the Schick B1. I'd forgotten what a great shave you can get with this razor. Effortless once you've got the angle right!
    [​IMG]

Herm

twhite, Linuxguile, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Beautiful Herm. The head looks alot like I remember my A looking. I have still not found my A. I am far from happy about that.

7. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Favorite injector - Schick G1. It was my first injector, generously given to me by @clint64 as a PIF. I enjoyed it from the beginning. Smooth and comfortable, easy to use, always reliable; it's my touchstone razor. I really enjoy it.
    Inject.JPG

My main travel injector is a Schick G8. It's a user grade razor and I'm not worried about scratching it up or damaging it. Works great. Here is a picture I took on the road earlier this summer.
    SOTD 6-16-17.JPG

I also own a Schick L1, Schick M adjustable, Schick E2, Schick I1, Schick J1, and a Personna injector. They are all great razors and I try to rotate through them as meaningfully as possible.

twhite, Linuxguile, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Post #7791 on this page settled it for me. A Bunny vs. Hussy match-up could change things though. Not being commercially available the Bunny's status as a contender is in dispute. So, for now, it's the Hussy with the PAL IM a very close second. However, when it comes to traveling, the C3 takes the crown. No magazine needed to load it and it is smooth, smooth, smooth. Maybe not quite as long lasting a shave the three just mentioned but longer than most and nothing but sheer pleasure to shave with. :happy036: (One of these days I'll have to do an E1 vs C3 shave-off for the travel razor crown...) :)

riverrun, Herm2502, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 19th July
    Brass General & Schick Proline [ 10 ]
    Needed to have a really good Shave as hopefully meeting friends for Lunch, flying in from USA. Chose the General and it delivered a great Shave. still hanker for a grippier handle.

IMG_1413.jpg

Karl G, Linuxguile, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I never thought that one simple gift would put your DE razors on the shelf and start you on a SE quest.

Karl G, PLAla and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

July 19, 2017
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Feather FHS-10
    30 DC LE with Omega Boar
    DIrty Deeds Arroyo Cactus

[​IMG]

twhite, Karl G, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very good hump day photo Clint. Have a great one.

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  14. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Favorite injector. As of right now it would have to be my E2. It's a textured head that also opens up. It was & is the only one at this point that I have that was meant to be opened for cleaning.

20170718_200117~2.jpg
    Disclaimer: I have only been using injectors for a little over a month now. I also own injectors I have yet to use.

clint64, twhite, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 19, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick I1 injector
    Brush: JR #142 black badger
    Lather: Soap Commander Influence
    Post: Witch hazel, Jeeves of Hudson Street Black Tea aftershave
    WTG, touch-up

Nice shave with the I1 today. I really like this razor. It's my second favorite after the G1. Smooth and efficient! Great backdrop of lather and finish with Soap Commander and Jeeves. Nice results all around.

Have a great day!

SOTD 7-19-17.JPG

16. Herm2502

Thanks! I think the A and B had similar, if not the same, head design. Your have to have the handle almost 90° straight out for the proper angle. Feels strange.

I've got a A and a C on my wish list.

Herm

wchnu, clint64, twhite and 2 others like this.
  17. Herm2502

Aw yes, "The Battle of the Babes".

Herm

clint64, Douglas Carey and Karl G like this.
  18. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Favorite Injector? That's a tough one at the moment...

I current own an E2, J1, L1, and M3 with a G8 on the way. I've previously owned a couple of G1's and have a handleless one which is a future project. If this question had come up a month or so ago, I would have said the J1 is my favorite without question. Since then, though, two things happened: 1) I got my first pack of Twin blades and put one in the M3 Adjustable and 2) I picked up an E2. Now, I'm not sure what my favorite Injector is as both the E2 with a Chick blade and the M3 with a Twin are such great experiences.

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am making a wooden handle for my Gem Jr. 1911 Lather Catcher. Tom White has made some ferrules for me to put on the end, but this is what I have right now.
    IMG_4672.JPG
    IMG_4673.JPG

BigMark83, clint64, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTN July 18th
    [​IMG]

Gem Damaskene
    Gem Stainless
    30DCLE
    Catie's Bubbles '95 Liquid Labels
    Witch Hazel enhanced with Tommy EdT

Two firsts last night. First time using a Gem Damaskene and first time using Catie's Bubbles. First off for the Damaskene, I found it rather difficult maintaining the correct angle with the curved head. I kept wanting to pull the cap off the skin a little and this proved to be too much angle and created some irritation in a few places. I may have to try shimming the blade. Catie's Bubbles was fantastic though. I was able to create a super smooth, creamy, shiny lather in no time. The big 26mm knot in my 30DCLE brush really holds a lot of lather and a 20 second load gave me enough lather for at least 10 passes. I finished with a splash of witch hazel that I enhanced with a spray of Tommy EdT. Have a great day my friends!

twhite, clint64, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.