Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Tabac Shave Stick
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Eye-Gore SE Razor by Tom
    Lucky Tiger
    St. John’s Bay Rum
    Have a great weekend![​IMG]

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD October 21, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick M adjustable injector
    Brush: Jayaruh #142 black badger
    Lather: Soap Commander Passion
    WTG, XTG

Schick M on setting 8 today. Really smooth and comfortable. I enjoy this razor each and every time. Settings 7 and 8 are becoming my default. Previously I used setting 5 and 6 a good bit but have bumped it up with more and more injector experience. All around great shave.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 10-21-17.JPG

sdguero, Linuxguile, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 22nd Oct
    RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
    Tabac
    Schick N3
    Schick Twin [ 6- japan]
    Alum Rub/Rinse off
    Tabac A/S Lotion

Have just completed 6days with modern SE razors with AC , before reverting to a Vintage Injector. Today used my
    favourite Schick from I series on which takes a Twin Blade, the N3.
    Yes I know the modern twin blades are expensive, though I think they are available through a Rakuten dealer at a better rate than via ?-Bay - put them in a Type N and they are unbelievably good. Just so smooth and one can almost feel the follow through of the Second Blade, a super Shave can be attained with ease and at no time does one fear any mishaps.Honestly the Shave quality with this combo rivals many I have had with the AC/Se Razors.
    For me better than the Schick Adjustable which I no longer use.

IMG_0033.jpg

EzraCobb, sdguero, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Sunday's SE Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Jeff's Soap Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #227
    Gem 1911 Lather Catcher
    Original Gem Cutlery SE
    CWR
    Thayer's Peach WH
    Pinaud Vanilla

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Jeff's Soap Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #227 synthetic brush. I did the two passes with the Gem 1911 Lather Catcher and vintage Gem Jr. blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Peach WH and then Pinaud Vanilla AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

20 OCtober
    Shave Number 8

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: JR #180, 22mm Badger
    Soap: Badger Shaving Soap
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (8)
    Strop: Amish made
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Lilac Vegetal AS (Veg), Pinaud
    Photo:
    [​IMG]

This was my shave on Saturday morning but I don't get time to post my shaves like I would like on the weekend, they are just to busy. I used this Badger brand soap last time and did not get good results from it, so I wanted to give it a second chance. This time I use a drier brush and loaded the soap like I hated it and was trying to use it up. I gave a much thicker lather but after stropping the blade fifteen times the lather had dissipated yet again. I reapplied lather and got a good first pass. I went to pick up my brush for the second pass and accidentally knocked it in the sink full of water and had to reload the brush. Kept the shave just to two passes with the weak performance from the soap also was hoping to shave again on Sunday morning. After two passes I had a DFS, not quite BBS but close. Continuing to find what pairs up with the Veg well. I pulled out the Veg and applied it liberally hoping it may be the saving grace of this soap. NOPE, the soap didn't do that real well either, it was okay just not great like the Castle Forbes did. This soap has now been move over to the shower and I will use it up there as a bath soap. I finished by stropping the blade ten more times before putting it up.

I started out the month of October as a test to see if stropping a modern carbon blade would lengthen the life of the blade. When I didn't strop the blade I got 8 shaves from the blade. This shave was number 8 on the stropped blade and the blade is still going strong giving consistently smooth and close shaves from shave number 1 to number 8. You can then conclude that, "Yes, Stropping a modern blade will lengthen the life of the blade.". What I did find out unexpectedly was that stropping the blade also made the shave both smoother and closer. Those of you who have tried CS blades and did not get good shaves from them I would suggest stropping the blade and trying it again, but as we all know YMMV.

sdguero, Linuxguile, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  6. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Jamie's injector shave..
    1. PAA ICE Pre Shave Soap.
    2. Crown King - Valentin Azul Soap
    3. Colorado Razor Designs - Custom brush with a Tuxedo Knot.
    4. BOWL = Turkish Copper
    5. SCHICK Injector - Paul Revere
    6. Blade = Vintage Personna 73 Tungsten [4th shave].
    7. Crown King Valentin Azul after shave/cologne.
    8. GILLETTE Sensitive skin after shave lotion.

[​IMG]

sdguero, Linuxguile, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I thought you’ve had that for a while. :signs002:

My all time favorite is the type block of the straight. As a printer’s son who has sorted thousands of pieces of type in his life it brings back special memories. Too cool. :happy088:

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Today I was trying to pick from these guys...which one to do the honors today....I though, "What a lucky cat am I to have to make this decision"!!
    image.jpg

Ended up picking the Hussy.....lol!
    image.jpg
    Prep: Hot Shower
    Lather: Barbasol Sensitive Skin
    Razor: Schick H type/Longs Drugs rebranded Personna d2
    Thayer's WH for clean up pass
    Vi-Jon "Brisk" Splash...Same as Skin Bracer...BUT DIG THIS....MORE MENTHOL!!!
    Then a heavy splash of Old Spice AS and Clubman Bay Rum, about 75%/25%....and a touch of AV Musk...Thats my signature AS Cocktail these days....

sdguero, Linuxguile, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You are correct. I’ve had that cup for a while. By new, I meant not vintage.
    I have a number of type blocks that are shaving related. I’ll try and picture some others soon. I’m glad you like it.

sdguero, Karl G and clint64 like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 23rd Oct
    PAL Injecto-Matic de Luxe & Schick Proline [ 8 ]

Another Injector Shave today, this time using a single blade so it just had to be a my favourite the PAL Injecto-Matic. I am rather pushing it a bit as this Razor is quite aggressive and the blade [ Schick Proline ] is on outing 8.
    Completed the Shave without mishap , but obvious that the performance had tailed off, as the Finished Shave was
    not of the standard I would expect from this Razor/Blade combination

IMG_0035.jpg

sdguero, Linuxguile, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That's an interesting aftershave combination. I might have to try out that concoction.

12. GarnerPW

23 OCtober

Brush: 28mm Faux Finest Badger, Frank Shaving(FS)
    Soap: The Lounge, Stirling Soap Co
    Razor: Black Aluminium General, Colonial Razors
    Blade: Kai Pink, Kai Captain Titan Mild (1)
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Lilac Vegetal AS (Veg), Pinaud
    Photo:
    SOTD 23 Oct 2017.jpg

Today was the first use of the new Alu General. I paired it with a Kai Pink blade. This is only my second "NEW" razor since I started wet shaving seven years ago. I have only used vintage razors for the past nine months. After using the Valet for the past two months this shave was effortless. I now know way others love this razor. It is lighter and the head is bigger than what I am use to but neither of this two issues where able to prevent me from a three pass BBS shave. Honestly this was one of the best shaves I have had in a long time.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    MPF9, sdguero, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  13. PLAla

SOTD October 23, 2017

Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick E2 injector
    Brush: Surrey badger
    Lather: Arko shave stick
    WTG, touch up

Schick E2 this morning for two days of growth. It's so efficient but can sneak up on you. A couple of weepers on my chin due to lack of concentration. But overall a nice shave. Have a great day!

SOTD 10-23-17.JPG

MPF9, sdguero, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  14. GarnerPW

@PLAla have you ever checked out the forum across the street for SE enthusiast? It's called TOST. Some of the guys here are over there as well.

Bird Lives, sdguero, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  15. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Colonial General Aluminum
    [​IMG]

Karl G, Linuxguile, GarnerPW and 5 others like this.
  16. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Karl G, Linuxguile, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tues 24th
    RazoRock Syn. 22mm
    Speick Active
    Schick Type I1
    Schick Twin [ 7- Japan ]
    Alum Rub /Rinse off
    Pitralon Polar A/S

Continuing with Injector Shaves, with the neat little Schick I1 , which is one of my more favoured Schicks from Type G onwards.
    It works extremely well with a Twin Blade, and though the blade up to its 7th use, and I still managed to have an extremely smooth and comfortable Shave , with a good quality close all round finish to boot.

IMG_0036.jpg

Karl G, sdguero, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  18. GarnerPW

24 OCtober

Brush: 28mm Faux Finest Badger, Frank Shaving(FS)
    Soap: Pipe Smoke, Uncle Jon's Shaving Soap
    Razor: Black Aluminium General, Colonial Razors
    Blade: Kai Pink, Kai Captain Titan Mild (2)
    Photo:
    SOTD 24 Oct 2017.jpg

Shave number two with the Al General and just as before another effortless BBS shave. Today I did two passes, ATG & XTG. Back in 2015-2016 before I found my way to the world of SE razors, I was wet shaving with an unmentionable type razor. Now I had been using that razor for about 5-6 years and had got to the point where I could do a single ATG pass and achieve a DFS. The point of this little flash back is that I do not think it would take much to get to that point with this razor. I absolutely love this razor. I plan on getting the SS model when and if Colonial Razors re-release it, I have heard that there is a good chance of that happening.

Karl G, EzraCobb, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  19. PLAla

SOTD October 24, 2017

Blade: GEM stainless
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Lather: Stirling The Lounge
    Post: Witch hazel, Jeeves of Hudson Street Tobacco Bay Leaf aftershave
    WTG, touch up

Featherweight today for a nice shave. I've been purposefully working in this razor and the Pushbutton into my rotation more and more. I've gotten better technique due to that and achieve nice shaves with those razors. I love the vintage aspect as well.

Have a great day!

SOTD 10-24-17.JPG

Karl G, Jim99, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  20. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

SOTD 10.24.2017

Face Shave:
    Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Schick (3)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, Pinaud Musk cologne

Head Shave:
    Pre-shave: same
    Shave Cream: CO Bigelow
    Razor: Gem Micromatic OC
    Blade: Gem Blue Star (2nd or 3rd use)
    Post-shave: same

I trust everyone is having a great day!
    IMG_1490.JPG

Karl G, MPF9, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.