Injector Woes

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dustmite, Jun 20, 2016.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago, I opened a new Schick brand injector and found that the blades were jamming a bit less than half way in. Thinking it might be a problem with my razor, I took the opportunity to buy a new one, only to find the same problem. I then opened another injector to find the problem is worse. Is anyone else havingthe same problem? Did I just get a couple duds?

2. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

What blades are you using? I only have one injector myself, and it's been a few years since I used it last, but I think I read somewhere on these boards that not all injector blades fit all injector razors (something about the Schick Twin blades being larger?)

3. dustmite

Made in China Schick blades. I bought five packs about a year ago, and I'm on the last two. The other three packs were fine.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    upload_2016-6-20_13-49-56.png
    When you say, "I opened a new Schick brand injector," is this what you are talking about? I've never had that problem. Is the slide thingy what is jamming? or is the blade somehow jamming?

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Post some pictures of the razor and the blades you are using. That will help to identify the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  6. dustmite

7. dustmite

The blade seems to be hanging up in both razors. I can't see any obstruction, and the alignment looks good.

whiteboy_cannon and Karl G like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is really strange. Is there s blade in them now? If not that may be the problem. The injectors need the blades left in them.

If there is no blade you will need to sacrifice one. Load it in, then cycle a good one thru.

9. dustmite

There's a blade in the gold one, and none in the other. They seem to be hanging up in the same spot. I'll probably order a new injector and see if maybe I just got some duds.

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Any difference if you twist the magazine slightly as you are loading the blade? It sounds a bit like the blade is hanging up on the spring.

11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

BTW, if you decide to give up on them, feel free to send them my way... I like a good challenge. :)

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zweird.png

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  13. dustmite

First thing I tried, I had quite a few injectors through the years that needed a slight twist to get them started. Also tried wiggling up & down, side to side, in and out, nothing seems to work. I am debating trying a different brand and another new Schick injector to see if something works...

14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

This is the weirdest thing! Keep us posted.

15. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I would take a good look at the blade that is going in, rough leading edge etc. second is it possible that two blades are stuck together feeding a double? After that if nothing seems wrong try another blade pack. The logic says the razors are OK so the blade loader must be the problem.

16. dustmite

The only thing I noticed is there seems to be a lot of machine oil on the blades when they come out. Also wanted to thank everyone for the ideas.

17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

+1 on the blades sticking. Especially with a lot of oil.

Karl G, Billyfergie and Redfisher like this.
  18. dustmite

UPDATE! My problem seems to be a couple bad injector cartridges. I was fixing my bathroom sink this morning and came across an unopened cartridge, and proceeded to put new blades in both razors. I threw away the first dud, but I still have the second if anyone wants to fiddle around with it. I won't be able to mail it until next weekend, but first to claim it can have it.

19. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

I would like it

Billyfergie likes this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

How did the shave go. What razor did you use?

Tom

Billyfergie likes this.