Inquiry on ATT SE1 Aluminum

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JBMAN1974, Aug 9, 2017.

1. JBMAN1974

JBMAN1974 Member

I'm looking to get a single-edged razor. Is there anyone that can give me any info on ATT's Aluminum SE1? I've been using their razors since they came out. I've tried them all. Well, all their stainless steel ones. I've gotten rid all but one. I only use the S1 now. With the UK Wilkinson's, it's an amazing shave; but those blades are hard to find and they usually want an arm and leg for them. Plus I have bad habit of just using one side of the blade. Anyway, I thought I had gotten my final razor. That is until I tried the aluminum R1. A friend of mine let me borrow it, and I could not believe how much I preferred it to the stainless steel R1. It just made my slant seem heavy and cumbersome. I was originally going to get the SS cap and plate, but using the aluminum razor has made me rethink that. Plus it's $146. That has a lot to do with it also.

Do you think this razor is worth getting? Price wise, I guess it is. It's $50 less. I know I can buy it and return if I don't like it, but I hate returning stuff. If you anyone has experience with this razor, please let me know. If I like it, I'll just sell my S1.

2. JBMAN1974

JBMAN1974 Member

This is it. It's in mint condition.

Attached Files:

3. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

I have an aluminum SE1 - and I love it.

[​IMG]

Especially with a Feather Professional Super blade in it, it performs wonderful .... :)

4. JBMAN1974

JBMAN1974 Member

I figured. All this time, I thought the heavier the better, but at least with these razors; it seems to work better. It's the half the weight. It's really odd.