Irisch Moos Group Buy Poll

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Shep, Jan 15, 2009.

?

I am interested in an Irisch Moos group buy.

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

He gets me.

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I mean, has anybody used this soap, let alone the new formulation? Could be complete crap.

3. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Yeah,there's people on the other forum who are using it. It's made by the same co. that makes Tabac so essentially it's Tabac with a different fragrance.

4. paydepst

paydepst Member

I'm amazed to see this product attracting this level of interest. I posted in my vendor's thread on this and the other forums a while back offering to stock the entire line--aftershave, stick, soap, and tube and I've had only a handful of responses, hardly enough to make it worth my while to set up an account with a new supplier and make the necessary investment to attain the wholesale rate.

I'll be curious to see how all of this turns out.

5. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

I saw that post. I think you would have gotten a better response by posting a new thread just about the Irish Moos. When people saw the name Iriah Moos in the title, they would have jumped on it. Just a thought.........

6. JimR

JimR Active Member

You did? I never saw that...Hmm, I'll have to pay more attention.

7. whiskerlips

whiskerlips Member

I've got one coming from B&B but I'd be in for one here too. Maybe even more than one if I get a chance to try it before this buy materializes. Isn't Herzi from Germany? Doesn't look like he's been on since early this month, but maybe he might be able to locate some Irisch Moos when he checks back in.

8. Porcupine

Porcupine New Member

Put me in for 1 please. I've got one on the way from the "other" place, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be good stuff. From what I've heard, it is indeed just Tabac with a different scent.

I found the cream and aftershave at a Dutch website, and ordered some of both out of curiosity. (They don't carry the soap.) I'm not one of the kinds of people that can go through various layers and undertones, etc of smell. The containers are green..... the scent matches. I'd say fresh, woodsy, maybe almost evergreen. Not overpowering.

The performance is excellent. Cream lathers easily and offered great protection. Aftershave didn't burn, but is refreshing and left just the right amount of moisture.

9. Churchill

Churchill New Member

Porcupine,how is the scent on the aftershave. I know the original Tabac is so strong that you really don't need an edt. afterwords. Is the Moos the same or is it a light scent?

10. LS48

LS48 New Member

I'm in for one

11. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

I believe I'll try it. I'm in for one.

12. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I put the count at about 31 as of now.

13. Porcupine

Porcupine New Member

Churchill,

Ok, so I must admit I haven't used Tabac yet, so I don't know how strong it is.

Irisch Moos is more what I would describe as rich or a little heavy as opposed to crisp or light. However, it's not strong or overpowering.

It lasts well for a few hours, but if you're looking for something that will be with you for more of the day, you might want to use an edt with it. I don't remember if it comes as an edt or not, but it is probably easy enough to find one that goes with it.

14. OmegaEdge

OmegaEdge New Member

Put me down for one! I missed out on the one at B&B.

15. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

**UPDATE

A couple members have put in a fair amount of leg work on our behalf (thanks to JimR and DrMike) and it seems this vendor is a dead end. They are resisting international shipments and want wire transfers as the mode of payment. It has all the earmarks of a potentially disastrous deal. To my knowledge the group buy over on B&B has not yielded any product yet either (I could be wrong about that but a few folks have chimed in stating as much). Anyway this idea is now on the shelf until and unless a reliable vendor can be found. I'll do a bit of research on this and anyone else is free to do the same. Thanks for all your interest. I sure wouldn't mind trying this stuff out if we could find a source.

16. rollsshaver

Dammit all to hell!!

I paid for mine stick across the street back the 11th of November, and still have not gotten it. The thing is though. WCS is a well known, and trusted vendor. I honestly do not fault them. According to the last update over there. The shipment was on the way. But then again, they told us the same thing a month ago!!

Hopefully we can get Klaus or another fluent German speaking member to assist of more on this matter. Do not lose hope. Do not give up. We can do this. It may take a while, and it might involve pain, kidnapping, periodic torture, and other stuff. But we will not fail!!!

17. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I'm sad, but now I can go buy more Feathers.

Life goes on.

18. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Sounds like we need Jack Bauer in on this one!:D Could he get to Germany, get the sticks, and get them back to us, all in just 24 hours though? Hmmm, I should start writing up that script for next season.:happy102

19. rollsshaver

Jack Bauer could get to Germany, acquire the sticks, smuggle them back to the U.S., mill a stick into a bowl, skin a live badger, use the still bloody pelt to lather up, complete a three pass BBS shave with the same knife he killed the badger with, and similtaniously twart a terrorist invasion. ALL, in 24 hours!!