Irish Spring Vs EU Palmolive Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Weeper Warrior, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

I have been shaving with EU Palmolive stick since I read macaronus' post on shave sticks. The Palmolive stick smells a lot like Irish Spring to me. So yesterday I was in Wal Mart and picked up some. This morning I woke up 3 hours before I had to go to work. I thought I would mess around and see how the Irish Spring would lather using macaronus' method. Just because I had time to kill and it worked pretty great. I wasn't intending on shaving with it but I got really good looking lather.
    I had to see how it worked . It had good glide and slickness. I didn't have any major irritation after the shave. My skin felt great all day. I got home after work and pulled out both boxes to check the ingredient list and its very similar. Of course it is the same company. If you rounded a bar of Irish Spring and I shaved with it I don't think I could tell the difference between the two .

Here is the two ingredient lists from the ones I have.

The Palmolive shave stick:

Potassium Hydrogenated Tallowate Sodium Tallowate Sodium Cocoate Aqua Glycerin Parfum Olea Europaea Elaeis Guineensis Tetrasodium EDTA Tetrasodium Etidronate BHT Butylphenyl Methylpropional Citronellol Coumarin Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool CI 11680 CI 12490 CI 74260 CI 77891

Irish Spring with aloe from Wal Mart:

Soap (Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, and/or Sodium Palm Kernelate), Water, Hydrogenated Tallow Acid (Skin Conditioner), Coconut Acid, Petrolatum, Glycerin (Skin Conditioner), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium-6, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Greens.

macaronus, srpavko and feeltheburn like this.
  2. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Lol my fiances uncle uses a boar brush and orange dial soap. I ordered him a bar of mikes natural so he can tell me if it makes a difference.

srpavko likes this.