Irridiums

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jgkeegan, Oct 14, 2010.

1. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

I read on another forum that Super Irridiums were going out of production. I read elsewhere that vendors have stopped offering them for sale in bulk lots or have stopped offering them at all, or have increased their prices.

Does anyone have a sense of what is going on here? I like irridiums and have a fair sized supply although they're not my go to blade.

2. thatguyjeff

thatguyjeff New Member

SON OF A...

I've been rotating through different blades and pretty much narrowed down these as the best blade for me. WTF?

3. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

They're in my rotation, but lately I have been preferring Astras and Feathers and Kais have always been at the top of my list.

4. geogaga

geogaga Member

Ok, now this is mass panic.

5. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Iridiums where my fav blade until I discovered yellow 7 O'clocks. I think I prob have 90 Iridiums left. I like em but I dont think Ill go crazy if they stop making them. another thing I thought I read somewhere where Iridiums had stopped production a while ago and restarted again so I'm not worried at all.

6. geogaga

geogaga Member

If they close the entire DE blade production line, you won't get yellows either. However, I'm not being so tragic as well. There are plenty of other blades out there.

7. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Now I'm getting worried :eek:

8. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

Maybe that's the thread I'm remembering and I'm just remembering inaccurately.

9. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

That there are: Kais, Feathers, Astras, Bolzano for sure are all very, very good.

10. It would be a great shame for iridium super! And 'one of my favorite blade , I hope that this' is not true at all!

11. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Shoebox has a statement that the factory has suspended production on Irridiums. That and what Bruce claims are all I've seen. I'm not going to panic about the factory shutting down.

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Alexey's right as usual...Now if the Rapira plant in Moscow goes under...Well I'd just buy a thousand or so...:)) Not meaning to sound "flip"...This is a serious issue, but I've gotten great shaves for more years than I care to count before I ever heard of Iridiums...If it closes we will simply deal with it...

13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Whew! Thanks for talking me down off the wall Bro! It seems like an obvious statement now, but you are right; there are other blades, many of which I still have yet to try!

Including The Obsidian Blade:

http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20080&highlight=obsidian

14. geogaga

geogaga Member

I even think there will be new brands...

15. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

OK. you've heard it here first folks. Alexey has just announced that there will be a new brand of blades coming soon. I think he must have some insider info hes not telling us about.

16. geogaga

geogaga Member

Have you already heard of obsidian?

17. stingraysrock

:happy102 :happy102 :happy102

My thoughts exactly! I beat you to it though Bro!

18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

So where can I cop some DE obsidians before they get replaced by the obsidian cartridges....

19. stingraysrock

Oh man...you are too late! They blew right past cart's and are now selling the electric rotary nine blade special.

It comes with a six foot cord though...

20. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

You'll not need the cartridges as the deluxe release will include an inflatable barber who will shave you.