is anyone feel little dryness after using tabac soap ?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by naknik, Mar 13, 2009.

1. naknik

naknik New Member

after couple of times using the soap , I felf my skin a little bit dry .

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I find it to be quite moisturizing personally. Not as much as say Institut Karite but it is one soap that I really dont need a post shave moisturizer. This is a thought but do you have an extended warm water rinse? I briefly rinse with warm water for maybe 4 seconds to rinse the soap off and then go straight to a cold water rinse for about 10 seconds. If you use hot water to rinse it might result in drying but I dont know?

3. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I don't find it drys me out. I agree with Shawn about he rinse and I even do a rinse between passes.

4. naknik

naknik New Member

no , I did it as you said...

maybe it was the change of the weather or something .
    I used the soap only 3 times and then used creams . I'll try it again this week and see .

thanks

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Nope, but I do use an after shave balm after every shave so I wouldn't really notice it either...

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I think that what is going on is that your skin is reacting to the specific formulation of the soap. If you try a different brand of soap you may not have this problem. My old dermatologist claims that some people react different ways to different soaps, each brand of which is formulated differently.

7. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

No. Tabac is wonderful stuff.

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nooooo, my skin feels great when I shave with Tabac soap!

9. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

In agreement w/ the others. Tabac is one of the most moisturizing soaps I have. The face always feels soft and hydrated after a shave w/ the T.