Is this a Red IP?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Mechguy, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

I wanted to try the Israeli Personna, so I ordered a pack awhile ago, but I think I ordered the wrong blades.

This is what I got, its a 10 pack in a plastic dispenser. The cardboard insert is blue with a silver stripe, and says Personna Platinum, platinum chrome super stainless steel. Each blade is single wrapped in a red wrapper that says Personna Platinum and a drawing of a DE razor blade. On the back of the wrapper it says distributed by American Safety Razor Co. Staunton VA24401 USA.

The wrapper is red, but nowhere does it say Israeli. Did I get Israeli reds?
    Whatever it is, seems to do a pretty good job. I didn't like the first blade, so I put them away for a couple of months, but I recently pulled them out again, and I seem to be doing better with them.

So what did I purchase?

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Does this look familiar? If so then yes.

[​IMG]

This is the older packaging and where it got its name from

[​IMG]

3. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

OK, thank you for your help. The pictures really help.
    It appears I do have the red IP then. The wrapper I have looks like the old packaging.

I get the red part, buy why call them Israeli?

4. These blades are among my favorites! And is 'always done a bit' of confusion about this, I have the plastic and cardboard packaging in blue. In my opinion the best 5 blades in the world ever ...

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

They're made in Israel.