It came from Moscow

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joe Nobles, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

About two months ago I took the leap and got in to the exciting world DE shaving, just because I hated the expence and lousy results of cartridge razors. Two things happened, one was that I found out that DE razors are not only cheaper than cartridges they actually shave better and cause less irritation as well! The second thing I discovered was the astonishing allure of classic razors,

This brings me to the point of my title. I have a facination with Russian goods it began when I got into photography. The Russians produced some of the coolest photographic gear ever! So I have collected and used so much equipment from their factories and with such great results I find myself drawn to other things that fit my interests originating from Russia.

I was supposed and delighted to discover that Russia has a great presence in of all places the DE shaving world! This moved me to buy their inexpensive Rapira Platinum Lux razor. After a month of waiting it finally came today! Yes as soon as I could I tried it out with one of their Platinum Lux blades and look and behold got a great BBS shave with no dragging, nicks or irritation in a single pass! So if you want to get in on the fun of DE shaving on the cheap, go seek out a Rapira Platinum Lux metal handle with Platinum Lux blades and have a blast.

Keithmax, MR41, RyX and 3 others like this.
  2. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Rapira PL is among the more aggressive razors. If your first shave with this one went well, then you can congratulate yourself to a nice accomplishment!

My own favorite Russian razor is Saiver travelers razor, loaded with the included shim and just one blade. It is designed to take two blades, but I see no benefit of having two blades loaded into it. This one is the other extreme, super mild.

Keithmax and john zeiger like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've often thought about picking one of those up since it is basically a Tech and I like Techs. BTW I'm not sure if I've had the pleasure of welcoming you to TSD; please feel free to stop in a introduce your self at the Welcome Center. :signs046:

Keithmax, RyX and john zeiger like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Pics, man, we love pics.

MR41 and brit like this.
  5. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

wake me up when pics come in