It was found in the ground!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joe Nobles, Apr 6, 2018.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

TobyC and Enrico like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Yep. You'll only be able to see them if you are logged on to badger and blade, and they don't like it when you hotlink pictures from thier site, so expect to get a reprimand from a B&B mod.

Bookworm, RyX, TobyC and 1 other person like this.
  3. Joe Nobles

Joe Nobles Well-Known Member

Well the pictures are mine so let them cry.

Edison Carter and TobyC like this.
  4. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    By posting them on a forum, they become the property of the forum, and/or the forum owner.

One of the reasons Leisure Guy was banned from badger & blade was because they claimed his book "plagerized" content on badger & blade.

Edit: copying the pictures and re-hosting them from elsewhere is perfectly fine, though. I've had threads deleted from badger and blade because they had content that was also posted here.

Edison Carter, RyX and TobyC like this.
  5. Joe Nobles

Lousy buggers!

stanko, Edison Carter and TobyC like this.
  6. Joe Nobles

I thought that the free interchange of thought was what made forums so much fun and I thought I owned my own thoughts.

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The pic upload function did act a bit off for me today. Wasn't doing anything different than I normally do.

TobyC likes this.
  8. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

"B&B" should change to "SOB"! I got plenty of grief from the mods there, you can't link to any site with similar content, or any kind of blog or forum They also read your PMs,.. I was told that the "TOU" applied to any part of B&B including private conversations. I was banned for life. But I am very happy to be here!

stanko, Bookworm and Edison Carter like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I assume when you use the acronym "SOB" you mean "Sour Old Badgers" ..... right? :happy097:

Edison Carter and TobyC like this.
  10. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Well, no, I was being very conservative and kind by calling them SOBs! :eek:

There are many great members there, but the children who run the joint are full of poo.

stanko and Edison Carter like this.
  11. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I also recently had a run in with the B&B mods.

In a thread that I started about recent eBay sales a fellow forum member asked me for the seller's eBay name so he could look at the photos. I responded with a link to completed auctions. Several mods came down on me hard until I pointed out that the link I provided was to completed, and not current, auctions. They then backed away from their "threats" and begrudgingly admitted they had made a mistake. The next day they deleted the entire thread. I know this is perfectly within their terms of use but it rubbed me the wrong way so I (calmly and politely) asked them to close my forum membership. So, they banned me with a snarky comment. Wooo-hooo! It's the first time I've ever been banned from a forum and I am, and have been, active on very many.

Edison Carter likes this.
  12. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

They are children. With god complexes.

stanko, DaltonGang and Edison Carter like this.
  13. Joe Nobles

The idea that blogs are moderated for anything other than profanity or blatant plagerism and/or copyright infringement in regards to images, is a shame. I also feel that if I post my own images I retain all the rights to my intellectual property.

Because B&B feels entitled to regulate how I use my images makes me less likely to want to share my photos and my thoughts on thier blog, and that is a shame. Making friends, sharing our experiences with one another and having fun is what I thought was the point to creating this fourm. I don't think I'll ever write anything of commerical value on a blog before I wrote it for a book.

If I copied and pasted my story from one site to anoother, aside from being boring and repetitive isn't that up to me? I mean it's my story let me tell it whatever way I like, as long as it doesn't have any profanity or plagerism in it that should be good enough?

Anyway, I'm not gonna let the mods ruin my fun.
    ✌✌⛵

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Well...along semi-similar lines...California is about to pass a law requiring any website originating from that state which is categorized as "social media" (which will include blogs and, I expect, websites with forums for the free exchange of ideas) will be required to provide the state with its plan to combat "fake news." When passed - and I'll bet my house it will pass - websites, blogs and anything else coming from CA will clamp down on all discussions, or close up shop entirely. Being a platform that allows "fake news" to be promulgated will soon be a risk too great to bear for many.

In short...if you enjoy websites or blogs originating on the west coast, enjoy them while you can. Unless they are of one, and only one, point of view...one that precludes "fake news," however that's defined...you eventually won't recognize them or they will cease to exist.

(the trick here, of course, is who gets to define what qualifies as "fake news" and by what standard)

MODS: note that I'm not being political with this post, but am as objectively and neutrally as I can just describing the law that will now work its way through the CA legislature, and its inevitable effect.

EDIT:

Bill SB1424

https://t.co/LwUpE9EKZs

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Edison Carter and CarlfromMO like this.
  15. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

289q3q.jpg

Edison Carter and CarlfromMO like this.
  16. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Even Hollywood?!!! Everything they say and do is fake! :happy097:

17. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    The rules here are fairly lax regarding content compared to, say, B&B.

TSD's rules:

Terms of Service and Rules

The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.

We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You mean I actually didn't need legal advice to read that? Amazing.

Edison Carter and PLANofMAN like this.
  19. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Man, not even the express written consent of Major League Baseball?

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Nope, and we don't even sieze copyright on images either. We're chill like that.