Italian Barber New Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fishcrow, Jun 19, 2013.

1. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Italian Barber is introducing a new three piece razor called the SLAB. Going price $39.99. Nice looking razor. Definitely on my wish list. rrslab3.JPG rrslab4.JPG

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Looks an Edwin type head with a bulldog handle..almost looks like stainless..almost. Thanks for sharing..:happy088:

178-bplatoon likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The handle is stainless and the head is pot metal.

4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I saw that yesterday on their Facebook page. Made me kick myself since I could have got another razor head PLUS an iKon type handle for $20 less than I paid for my Bulldog...:angry019:

5. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

The handle seems nice and grippy..is it the same length as the Ikon..?

6. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Thats worth it just for the handle. Thanks for posting.

7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Very nice. That could be the new best option for someone's first DE. Price is about the same as an EJ DE89 and comes with a great handle. I like it.

8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Having used an EJ89/Weber handle combo for the last 2 years(about $70 for the two razors), I agree "IF" the head shaves like an EJ that is a fair deal.....:) Any idea where it is produced?

9. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

The handle is awesome. It looks very similar to my iKon. Eddie is right; if the head shaves well it is a touchdown.

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It looks like the Shavecraft bulldog handle with a new Parker head.

11. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Just checked out the website and the head looks more like a RazoRock/Cadet. I've never used one of those so I have no idea how well they work.

edit: or maybe PanChango's right - could be Parker.

12. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Just noticed you can get the handle separately now. ARGH for a nice chunk of change less than other stainless steel ones to boot.