Italian Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Key2Wellness, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

The mango?

crackstar likes this.
  2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Yessir.

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Key2Wellness

Key2Wellness Active Member

Want to thank @TheFiveO for some samples of Cella and Tabac.
    The Cella is in the bowl and ready to use for the next shave.

crackstar and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

They are both really good soaps. I don't use Cella anymore, but Tabac is for sure a favorite.

crackstar, Shaver X and Robyflexx like this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Have not tried Tabac yet but have added Cella to my regular rotation. Excellent lather with a slick shave. The scent (to me anyway) is almond - very nice.

6. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

Two of my favorites:

German: Tabac shaving soap, deodorant in the glass spray bottle, aftershave splash, bar soap, cologne
    Italian: Nuavia Blu, Rosso and Verde, the best soaps I've experienced, with Tabac close behind

Be proud of your heritage!

7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Since I just acquired a tub of Razorock XXX, I went looking for some discussion of it and this thread is what I found. It's been very informative about other Italian soaps(I may have to make another investment), but a little thin on XXX.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. PickledNorthern

I have had bad luck with Razorock soaps. A couple have irritated me, and a couple had nice but near non existant scents. It makes a lot of lather, but not top tier, IMO. I haven't tried any for maybe close to a couple of years, so I don't even know if they are the same soaps today. I also understand that they are not all the same soap formula, so maybe I haven't tried a good one, who knows. They are definitely worth the low price he charges.

crackstar, Robyflexx and RetLEO-07 like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

Thanks Jared! I'm gonna give it a whirl on Sunday and I'll make sure to give it a review.

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

i have cella,proraso and tabac.i have just started using saponificio bignoli young soap and i like that alot.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Well...Hungarian made shave cream is excellent. Barbon and Figaro, made by Caola Alfa is top notch, though hard to find in the the U.S.

Saponifico Varisino Felce Aromatica is my favorite soap. It's the equal of any tallow based soap I've used.

crackstar and Eeyore like this.
  12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Yes. I used a TFS soap this morning. Very easy to lather and incredibly slick.

Robyflexx likes this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Today was my first shave with my newly acquired Razorock XXX. Upon opening the tub the scent came wafting out. Couldn't really put my finger on it, but the smell was not unpleasant. Poured in a little hot water and let it bloom while I brushed my teeth. Poured off the water and started swirling with my Omega 10098. Using the dry brush technique, after about 90 seconds the brush started to fill up nicely. Another 45 seconds and the 10098 was locked and loaded. Switched over to my bowl. Kept swirling and in no time flat, had a slick shiny lather. Three passes later I had a near BBS. And there was enough probably for another two or three passes if I was so inclined. I would definitely order XXX again once this one is used up. Have a tub of Cella on the way, and I'm hoping it gets here in time for next Sunday.
    Arrivederci amici miei. Hanno un grande Domenica!

crackstar, Keithmax and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Just ordered some Valobra Almond. I've never tried it before, but the ingredients look great, along with the tons of positive reviews. Has anyone tried it before and would care to share?

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

BTW RazoRock's new super formulas blow the old stuff out of the water. I have Don Marco in the new super formula and performance wise blows my older tub of XXX out of the water.

RetLEO-07 and Robyflexx like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I'm a fan of XXX too, the scent is based on AdP.

Linuxguile and Robyflexx like this.
  17. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I thought the XXX scent was based on Fruity Pebbles. Lol
    When did RR reformulated their recipes?

Linuxguile likes this.
  18. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

That must be why I like it so much.

Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  19. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Since @Billyfergie recommended Vitos...... I figured a kilo was in order.
    [​IMG]

20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

It's been within the last 3 months I think.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Billyfergie likes this.