It's 7 o'clock, which is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LaSalle82, Apr 13, 2015.

1. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, Gillette 7 o'clock blues are my favorite blade. However, I think all of the 7 o'clock varieties shave great for me. The blacks and yellows are a close second with the greens a respectable third. What are your experiences with the Gillette 7 o'clock family? (P.S. I've never used the Perma-Sharps)

7 o'clock.jpg

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I really like the Super Stainless (current blade in use) and the Super Platinum. Oh heck I like the SharpEdge as well.

Herm2502 and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I've only used the super stainless, and was not overly impressed. I got lots of ingrown hairs with them. I'd love to hear how they all stack up against eachother.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Blacks are my favorites. Aren't the Perma Sharp versions the same as the Greens?

5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I've only tried the Yellow and Green. The Greens were good, and I really liked the Yellows. I haven't priced them lately, but as I recall they were a good bit more expensive than Personna Blue Labs, Ladas, or Astra SPs. I certainly wouldn't mind buying either of these, and I'd like to try the Blacks, but if I like the Astras, Personnas, or Ladas, there's no need to pay more.

6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Black Ninja's

7. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

The sharpEdge are my favorite, but I have used the other three as well and like those very much.

8. argus

argus enjoys hairy lady legs

I only tried SharpEdge and its one of the worst blades I tried. Incredibly rough and not sharp.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  9. LaSalle82

They usually are more expensive but deals can be found. I recently bought 100 of the Yellows for $15 w/free shipping. I just splurged on 25 Blues from Russia which were $0.46/blade. However, the Blues are no longer made so they are more expensive when available. I also enjoy Personna's, Ladas and both the Astra SP & SS. It's very interesting how blades are such a YMMV thing...................

10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

7 O'Clock Blue, 7 O'Clock Green Super Stainless

11. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I hope to find out soon. I just loaded a fresh SS into my new Eversharp "Krona".

12. BigMark

Blades, I believe, are the biggest variable in wet shaving. Just ask @RaZorBurn123 . He will vouch for that as well.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Blues are my favorite out of the group. They are sharp but not harsh, the others just irritated my skin.

14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Mark, you are very very bad. ;)

15. LaSalle82

SS greens are made in Russia where as PS greens are made in India.

16. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

I've only tried the greens and the yellows.
    Greens work very well, and yellows were rough as a cob
    and gave me about 100 swollen little knots all over my mug.
    The greens work well for me in several different razors.

17. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

So similar to the Black and Blue super platinums.

18. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

I really like the 7'oclock black, followed closely with blades. I have not tried the yellow sharpedge. The green 7' oclock blades gave my bad irritation and felt very dull a lot of tugging, I gave the last two away

19. LaSalle82

Yes, where the blues & blacks are platinum coated, both green types are not

20. BigMark

I might have to try the others but the Green Super Stainless tore me up.

kurtmill likes this.