I've found my combination of Razor & Blade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by prostx23, Jun 7, 2011.

1. prostx23

prostx23 Member

Hi,

I've been DE shaving for about 4 months now, starting with a Lord Tech. I bought the Lord L-6 recently and have been using that razor and Blue Bird blades (thanks ntguy) now for close to a week and My shaves have never been so good. 5 days straight of close comfortable shaves with no nics or weepers. In celebration, I've bought another Lord L-6 and 50 BlueBird blades (ntguy again :D). When money loosens up for me I may experiment a little with a more pricey razor and some different blades. But for now, it works, so i'm sticking with it.

Mike

2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Great job! Isn't that a great feeling when you nail that comfortable shave with no nicks, cuts weepers, or anything but a comfortable close shave. I love it. That's what we are all shooting for here. Now you just need to remember what you did exactly so you can do it again next time. Keep up the good work. :happy088

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Is that the new Lord's with the Merkur style head or Gillette Tech head?

4. prostx23

prostx23 Member

It's the one with the Merkur style head.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! :happy088:happy088

6. dilly-b

dilly-b Member

The 1822LP is a GREAT performer - enough aggression to satisfy an expert, more than enough user friendliness for the beginner. I never tried a blade that didn't work great in the LORD, more than I can say for some other razors I've tried.:D

7. prostx23

prostx23 Member

I used the blade the L-6 came with (the Lord Platinum I believe) and it was pretty good, but ntguy threw in some bluebird blades so I thought I'd give them a try and the shaves have been outstanding so I'll stick with them (and I purchased another Lord L-6 for good measure).

Mike

8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Where did you buy the razor at?

9. jcwit

jcwit Member

ntguy is allover E-Bay. Just do a search for Lord Razor.

10. NoahG

NoahG Member

I've heard a lot of good things about the L6 Lords. I might get one some day, but I think my next non adjustable is going to be a 40's or 50's Super Speed.

11. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I like 40's better-a bit more aggressive. I consider the flair tip 50's. If you really want to splurge the 40's British Super Speeds (Rockets) are absolutely
    outstanding. Just my 2 cents.

12. MaxP

MaxP Member

I thought I had found the perfect combo for me - Gillette short comb NEW with a Feather blade.

Recently I came into a Merkur HD. Been using Astra SPs in it.

Seems to be slightly better rig than the NEW.

Quite the surprise to me.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Doesn't surprise me.:D

14. Birkut

Birkut New Member

Even though I own far more luxurious razors than the Lord, I bought a Lord Premium LP1822L with Blue Bird blades out of curiosity, after reading your post.

First shave this morning, with the Lord Platinum sample blade : good shave, but a little bit too mild for me. I will try the Blue Bird blades later this week.

Perfect razor for beginners wanting to try DE wet shaving.

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    If I may ask, where did you buy the razor? That's some fast shipping! :eek:

16. Birkut

Birkut New Member

No shipping involved. A friend who lives across the street bought two some time ago, one for his collection and another as a gift for his son. Finally his son bought himself a Merkur, so instead of the Lord, he gave several soaps. So, I bought the extra Lord from him.