Jabonman Soap - Wonderful

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LookingGlass, Jun 28, 2014.

1. LookingGlass

LookingGlass Well-Known Member

After reading the great reviews on a number of forums, I picked up two tubs of this soap. Mountain and Tierra Humeda. This, for me, is another fantastic artisan soap plus Manuel is great with which to deal. The Mountain is a great scent (reminds me of Olympic National Park - a clear, clean air scent with overtones of evergreens and wild flowers), slick comfortable lather. Lathers easily. Almost instant rich lather. Good moisturizing. The Tierra Humeda (Wet Earth) has the same attributes. However, a most unusual scent which is hard to describe. A most musky, earthy scent - not like any other soap I have ever smelled (reminds me of the Hoh Rain Forest - rainy, moist earth, fallen trees, moss). These soaps are tailor made for face lathering with the Barbear Classico brushes. I almost did not make the purchase due to the price w/shipping but am very happy I did. I am enjoying wonderful shaves. Highly recommended and well worth the cost.

2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That is a good review. I never heared of any of them, but that's due to location =P

The Tierra humeda sounds real nice and like something I would like =) but I can't offer any other kind of input.

3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Excellent review. Thanks for posting it.

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I've only heard great things about his soaps.
    Apparently his Ylang-Ylang and Lavender soaps are out-of-this-world-good.

But yes, price w/ shipping does make them rather expensive.

They sure do seem to lather well though:

Yehuda D likes this.
  5. Omelmad

How much do they cost? =O

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

"If you have to ask.." :)

Yehuda D and JazzDoc like this.
  7. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

These are very good soaps. You can´t do NOTHING wrong with them.

Yehuda D and crackstar like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

As far as I know this is the latest price update from him:

"The soaps are 100% vegetable, except those carrying lanolin. They are made of good quality oil concentration.

The price is 13.80 euros in plastic pot large diameter and 125g.

Payment can be made by bank transfer or paypal in ...

Shipping costs are:

- Europe: 8.79 euros by registered mail up to 500g (two units). Up to 1000g (three-four) costs 15.05 euros.

- Rest of the world: 12.35 euros by registered mail up to 500g (two units). Up to 1000g (three-four) costs 23.44 euros.

As the difference between a consignment of four soaps or two shipments of two soaps is very small, I recommend ordering 2 and if you like, you can always come back for more.

With every purchase land include some small sample of other soap. I send you what I have available:

As features:

Without lanolin:

- Vetiver-Citrus
    - Lavender
    - Mountain………………………….……….(Tea Flower, Lavender, Cedar, Cypress, Musk, Laurel)

With lanolin:

- Ylang Ylang-Patchouli-Orange
    - Wet Earth
    - Eastern Breeze
    - Citrus
    - Roses
    - Violets
    - Floral
    - Lima-Incense …………………………..…(Menthol)
    - Lima-Cinnamon
    - Sierra

I also have aftershave balm , so I have not labeled because they still have to define aromas, labels , price, etc. . Goes airless 50ml format and will sell for 10 euros to recover investment and exchange views . Bring lots of beneficial ingredients to the skin, like rose water, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, allantoin , glycerine, provitamin B5 , vitamin E, very little alcohol and menthol ... with very little amount is enough , it's nothing fatty and absorbs quickly , soothes and cools irritated skin , I'm pretty happy with the performance. Right now I have only a few units scented Wet Earth , something strong aroma inadvertently put too much essential oil.

Sincerely,
    Manuel

Yehuda D, JazzDoc, crackstar and 3 others like this.
  9. Omelmad

I googled jabonman and only got posts on forums. How do I I go about if I want to order. In in Sweden so it might be something I would consider =D

Kanaka ändå är lite dyrt. 300kr för 2 tvålar. Jag har tillräckligt med tvålar hahaha

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    Yehuda D likes this.
  10. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

@Darkbulb: That´s exactly what Manuel wrote me too. I ordered 2 soaps (Eastern Breeze & Coco) and 1 Aftershave Balm with a light Rose scent from him. Eagerly waiting to arrive...

Yehuda D and Omelmad like this.
  11. Omelmad

He probably get asked about the prices alot and doesnt feel like typing the same into on and on and on hahaha. I would do that too =P

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Han har ingen hemsida sa du maste emajla honom (jag har inte hans address) :)

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Omelmad

Cool, thank you. But if Im getting another soap it will be- cella, MWF or 3P

Yehuda D and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Just tried Cella today. I think you will like it. It smells like marzipan, everyone in the house loves the smell. I have to tell the girls "don't eat it, it is soap". It looks like Proraso in consistency, but the lather is IMHO much creamer and feels great on the skin. Easy to lather and my new favourite soap, but I have only used once.:)

15. Omelmad

Hey, did you break no buy July again?
    Haha

I have been very interested in cella after all the reviews. It might be my next soap. =) razorburn123 recommends MWF very much, he finds it easy to lather. Makes me want to get it

Yehuda D, Slow Joe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  16. dfoulk

dfoulk Active Member

I've tried two Jabonman soaps that I received samples of from a member or another forum. The scents weren't for me (Ylang Ylang-Patchouli-Orange and Violet). I didn't care for the Patchouli scent in the Orange soap and the Violet was too feminine for me, but the performance of the soap was very good.

Mauuel is a nice guy and he makes a very good soap but for the cost of the shipping and the number of great artesian soaps that are available in the states I'm not sure I'd place an order unless I were able to sample some of the other scents first to find one I really liked.

Yehuda D, Darkbulb and Bobcat like this.
  17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Can someone please share Manuel's email address with me? Thanks!

Yehuda D likes this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

PM sent

wristwatchb likes this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

His soaps are truly most excellent

[​IMG]

Redrock, Yehuda D and wristwatchb like this.
  20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks to the folks provided me with Manuel's contact information. I emailed him, and he responded quickly. Here are the soaps that he has:

• Ylang Ylang-Patchouli-Orange
    • Wet Earth (original version)
    • Wet Earth (new version, improved scent)
    • Eastern Breeze
    • Citrus
    • Roses (new)
    • Violets
    • Lima-Cinnamon
    • Lavender (French)
    • Mare Nostrum (Flowers with light touch of aniseed)
    • Dama de Noche (Flower)
    Premium soaps
    • Vetiver Haiti
    • Rose Bourbon
    I'll re-read this thread for scent recommendations, and I plan to try a couple of different ones. Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Yehuda D and Darkbulb like this.