January 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2016.

?

How long have you been part of the 30 Day Crew?

1. Charter Member baby! Since January 2015

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. Over a year and a half

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. About a year

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Last 6 months or so

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. This is only my 2nd or 3rd month

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. I'm a Newbie!!

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  7. I'm not telling until you give me a cookie!!

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I love both of those scents, and can imagine that they do quite well together.

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

24 January 2017 Focus shave/blades
    This morning I broke out Trumper GFT. My Parker Silvertip whipped up a luxurious slick lather that the Voskhod blade used to mow down the stubble that accumulated since yesterday. Two passes and some touch up. Finished with an icy cold towel sprinkled with Canoe(h/t to Charlie @wristwatchb). Worked out great! Then a little more Canoe and the day was off and runnin'! See ya!

3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Clint. The more I see that brush, the more I like it.

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTN January 23rd
    [​IMG]

PAL Injecto-Matic
    C Schick (4)
    Stirling Executive Man
    Stirling 24mm Synthetic
    Crown King scuttle
    Homemade Tangerine AS

Good morning friends. Last nights shave with the Pal IM was a little rougher then those I had before. I'm not sure if the blade is giving out a little prematurely or if I let the angle get too shallow but I had a little irritation on my neck and chin. No worries though my homemade aftershave which is witch hazel based and is loaded with other skin soothing ingredients cooled the irritation right down, followed up with a little Nivea ASB and my face was feeling smooth and hydrated once more. Have a great day my friends!

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

IMG_4864.JPG

January 24 SOTD:

Razorock Plissoft Brush
    TSD Lanolin Barber Shoppe
    Gillette SS
    TSD Floid Blue Type AS

Another quick shave this morning, and I may have to a get myself out if bed a few minutes earlier. Either way, the TSD Lanolin soap performed well and provided a nice lather for this shave. Two passes for a CCS, and my skin is feeling nice and soft afterwards. This AS is also becoming my favorite. They definitely feel good, and this scent is just about perfect. I hope everyone has a great day!

6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:happy096:

7. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This straight razor thingy is getting much easier to use. It's amazing what a focus can do for me. Today I had a weeper. First blood of the month. I had hopes of 30 days with no blood and almost made it. Fortunately, it was just a slight weeper that quit bleeding after a rinse and some witch hazel.
    Route 66 Twisted Tweed
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Millikan Stub Tail Razor
    Thayers WH
    WSP Gaelic Tweed AS
    Have fun!
    [​IMG]

8. wristwatchb

January 24

My shave with the third day on the Polsilver Blade in the FB started out great. The SOC badger brush whipped up loads of great Jabonman Eufros Oriental Breeze lather. I intended to do three passes on settings of 5, 3, and 1. The first two passes were great; however, the third pass was a different story. The barn doors on the razor opened a bit, allowing the blade to get wonky and cut my chin. Total operator error. Not many people can say they've required First Aid shaving with a FB set on 1 using the finest of Russian steel. The cut just laughed at the Alum block, so I'm sporting a knuckle bandaid on my chin, which works well BTW.

It wasn't as bad as Neal's shave requiring a roll of paper towels for cleanup. I only used a few tissues and only required my Bride to get the bandaids.

Be safe!

upload_2017-1-24_10-36-43.png

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. I do enjoy the brush and the face feel is fantastic. I wish the handle were a little bigger which would help prevent having my hand covered in lather. Overall it is a cool little brush.

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

January 24, 2017

Razor: Gillette New LC
    Blade: Astra SP (2)
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 22
    Cream: KMF fragrance-free

Based on the other posts I'm reading, today must be the day for blood as I also shed some this morning. I'm not sure what went wrong really. The lather was good and it seemed like there was no issue with the first pass but, nevertheless, I noticed a small weeper on my chin. Second pass seemed to also go well, but two more weepers appeared. None were serious, though, and all stopped with cold water and Alum.

The whole thing reminded me of the issues I was having with the New LC back in OCtober. Maybe next month I'll do a mini-focus on it and see if maybe a different blade will make a difference.

11. wristwatchb

Yeah, me too! :happy102:

12. RetLEO-07

Two for me. Epidemic?:signs002:

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Open doors on a TTO razor definitely increase the danger factor. It happened to me with a Super Speed once. Only once. Now I double check every time . No roll of paper towels necessary for bleeding control? Keep trying.....you're getting there. :cool:

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Two years ago, in the inaugural month of this fine forum, there was a post made that may still be the funniest and most creative ever written. Many other great posts have followed, but those of us who were there will always consider this one to be one of the best. It's from @Troy M and he probably would love to forget all about it.....but not with me around. Check it out HERE

And here's hoping any further encounters he has are more like this!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Troy M, Keithmax, Screwtape and 10 others like this.
  15. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

THAT. WAS. AMAZING.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very :signs021:.

17. RetLEO-07

Good thing that there were no loud noises or sudden movement or things may have taken a malodorous turn.

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks, I was thinking that also. :) We have a lot of Shunks around our place too.

19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Love the Stub, Brian!

20. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

@Troy M, I still think this is the funniest post I have read in the 30 day focus threads, maybe on the entire site. Thanks for posting the link, Neal. Was this the first Shenanigan on the 30 day threads?