January - Route 66 month

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Dec 23, 2016.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Well it can't be any worse than some of the drunks I used to collar. For some of 'em a rain soaked dirty pig would be a step up.

2. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Whew! Finally got caught up on my 'likes'. Working on getting more photos collages posted on my Facebook Page!

RyX, Paul Turner, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You can have full copyright release on anything Route 66 I post, if you spy anything you wanna take. Glad you're a bit better, and thanks again for all the nice slick lather for my January of shavette. Straight shaving will expose flaws in lather quickly, and I am happy to report I am like 150 of 150 with your soap, never a bad soap day! I would totally recommend it to new straight shavers, because not just any soap will do for learning. Your soap is the real deal.

RyX, Salty Belle, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

As a straight shaver, I can attest to what Bama Samurai just said. Route 66 never fails to deliver.

RyX, Salty Belle, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 31, 2017
    Timeless OC .95 Gap
    Feather (1)
    WDC-6 with Sunrise Synthetic
    Route 66 Rum Runner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have really enjoyed this month using Route 66 soap products. I used three different Route 66 soaps this month, Twisted Tweed, Rum Runner and Lumberjack. I did finish up the tub of Twisted Tweed and have made a good dent in the other two. Route 66 soaps regardless of scents are very easy to use and provide a slick lather with great post shave feel. I know many recommend other main line soaps for newbies but my recommendation would be Rout 66 soaps. This will allow newbies to work on technique and not worry about lathering issues. Thanks again @PLAla for starting this thread.

I know @PickledNorthern has a contest for the Route 66 mug. If I should be fortunate enough to win, I would like the cup to go to @Douglas Carey . Doug is the reason, I started using Route 66 soaps and would guess that is true of others on this thread as well.

RyX, Paul Turner, Salty Belle and 5 others like this.
  6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD January 31, 2017

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Personna injector
    Brush: Omega Hi synthetic
    Lather: Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Stirling Piacenza aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Nice shave again this morning. Great lather using the dry brush method. A few drops of water on top of the soap and then begin loading with a dry brush. That has worked quite well this month.

Overall this month has been quite enjoyable. Route 66 is top-notch soap. I know that is echoed by everyone here. It has been fun and easy to shave with this great lather all month. I still have several samples and a few tubs so I will continue to use it off and on.

Thank you to everyone who played along this month! It was good fun.

SOTD 1-31-17.JPG

RyX, Sparrow, Salty Belle and 4 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I made a decision about Rte 66 just in time(with this being the last day of "The Month"). I achieved my shave today in ONE pass, using the 66 Cavendish. There are times when I feel I need that 2nd pass(with other soaps), but today, I just said to myself, "No, this will do!!.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    RyX, Salty Belle, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I've gotten to that point myself. See my post in SOTD. If there wasn't some cleanup on my lower neck I would have had a one passer. The 30 day Focus have been great for my technique, though they have been about blade selection.

RyX, Salty Belle, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  9. mrchick

This has been a great month. I started the month as a big Route 66 fan and ended it as an even bigger fan. Not a bad shave in the month. This is great soap.
    I finished the month with my favorite flavor
    Sweeney Todd
    [​IMG]

RyX, Sparrow, Salty Belle and 5 others like this.
  10. PLAla

I should also say thank you for Kathleen - @Salty Belle - for making such great soap! As I try more from my den next month I'll be comparing them to the great performance of Route 66. Some soaps will certainly pale in comparison! I've got four almost full tubs so I'm set for a while. I can always come back to home base and return to Route 66 when I want.

RyX, Salty Belle, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

When I was at Best Friends Animal Society shelter in Utah, my group had ample time to visit with pigs. They can be quite friendly if you let them.

RyX, Salty Belle, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

I'll certainly be getting another one when the time comes.

13. Paul Turner

is your avatar in there?(Facebook page)

Douglas Carey, clint64 and PLAla like this.
  14. Salty Belle

Not the same as here, but the Route 66 badge.

15. Salty Belle

I am Doug's biggest fan!

PLAla, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Salty Belle

I can't thank you all enough for your posts and positive reviews. It has been so much fun to follow and all the reviews have been so kind! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

RyX, PLAla, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  17. mrchick

Thanks for a great product and your participation in this forum. Glad to have you around.

PLAla, clint64, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  18. Salty Belle

Meant to also add I've deemed him the Official Ambassador for Route 66 Soaps! He has purchased and praised every single scent/soap I offer, and has been so generous gifting the soap to others. He's a gem!

Should also note that there is another TSD Member who contributed his time and talent, well before my opening a little over a year ago. He is the brilliant and generous designer for my brand labels! He also wishes to remain anonymous or I would be praising him by name!

Thanks again to ALL! So glad, after lurking many shaving forums as I was in the early stages of R & D testing, that I chose TSD as the place to be :bounce017:

RyX, Linuxguile, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

`
    This means we have two Ambassadors in here-one representing a country, the other a shave soap.

20. PLAla

That's terrific! TSD is full of great people.