January - Route 66 month

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Dec 23, 2016.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks for such a great product and hanging around with us this month.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Day 31

IMG_1241.JPG

Have a great week! Thanks @PLAla for a fun month!

Salty Belle, RyX, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you to ALL who participated and helped make Route 66 January a success! It was a lot of fun!

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

So here is what I came up with. Brian, Chris, Clint and Doug all shaved with Route 66 every day of the month. I had to go back and look at the terms I posted, to clarify: Chris combined and posted one photo for a couple of shaves, a couple of times while he was traveling, which knocked him out of the running. It ended up a moot point, because Brian shaved and posted 32 times, which put him over the top.

So, the mug goes to @Mr Chick . Cool!

[​IMG]

If anyone thinks I messed up counting somehow, let me know. There were 700+ posts to sift through, so anything is possible.

Awesome idea for a thread, @PLAla

Salty Belle, RyX, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

You are the prize giver so it seems fair to me! Congrats @mrchick!

clint64 likes this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

How cool! I will be proud to have this in my shave den. I'm sure it will be in a few SOTD shots. Thank you! This has been fun.

Paul Turner, RyX, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think I found a winning combo with the Rte 66 soap and Clubman Special Reserve A.S.

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

+1 to any of my Route 66 photos & Chris's thoughts about slickness and shavettes. Good soap makes for good shaves. This is Great Soap!

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

:sad029:
    I don't want to be reported as being "knocked out of the running" in a contest. Ouch!

Salty Belle, mrchick and PLAla like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

We talked afterwards. He was pretty broken up, at first. but I think he's over it. I even offered him a hug but he was manned up and off hacking at something with his sword.

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I just got home from a business trip and this was waiting for me. I can't wait to try it out. Thank you @PickledNorthern ![​IMG]

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nice set up! Those mugs are nice: heavy & sturdy for whipping up lather! :happy088:

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very, very, very, :signs021:

14. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

It was great reading this thread and congrats to mrchick on winning it. Hope to see another contest like this in the near future.

:happy096: to all who participated in it.