June 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2017.

?

What would you most like for Father's Day?

1. A brand new modern stainless steel razor baby!

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. A vintage DE razor!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage straight razor - I'm living the dark side!

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. A nice vintage injector!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. A new brush - or an old one to restore!

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. Some of my favorite soap or shaving cream!

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  7. Cookies - LOTS of cookies!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  8. A group intro without this stupid poll!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Whats the fun in that ?

2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Its funny how an offhanded comment can change your whole routine. Congrats on figuring out a process that makes the full straight shave work for you, Ben!

3. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Very true Andrew, I would have never thought to do that

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not a fan of Bay Rum as a group. It's the cloves. That noted I did sniff a sampler bottle at a local shop. It's not heavy, may even be lacking the cloves! Just might add another Pinaud to my den.

5. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

MY focus this month will be to be ever more verbose than before!! I figured I have been keeping it in check, why not go full bore

:)
    No, seriously, I have a Pasteur Pharmacy trip planned around the middle of the month and will continue trying samples from the pass around box to see how much I can tempt myself with buying more soaps. I think I am up to something like 45 scents and I already have a daunting list to check out at Pasteur's. Every new sample I try only makes me want more!!!!

Once that is done, I will be back to working on blade selection and technique. Still haven't found the ME blade in a DE blade.

It is a tough job but someone's got to do it!!!

Also, I heard from Jason and my 30DC brush is on the docket for completion so I will have that to look forward to this month!! Thank you Jason!!

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, Screwtape and 10 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Lost my Focus last month as I had though about the Weck shavette but just wasn't feeling it. Seeing all the half DE blade type units, and now having one in hand...I'm more enthused about it. Also have a fresh pack of Twin injector blades. Never been able to pull together a full Rule, so those two should provide a reason to let the DE's get dusty. I also like the idea of a Soap of the Week so I'll give that a shot.
    walt disney keep moving forward.jpg

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, Screwtape and 10 others like this.
  7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

This month I will be focusing on pithy responses, adept meme placement and coercive enabling. I will also be focusing on improving my neck shaves. My neckmeat gives me fits because my neck hair is a roiling miasma of disorganized growth.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

pop rocks.jpg

9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

It will either be a Rapira PL or Voskhod.

10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I hear that. My neck has been giving me fits since I started shaving.

11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Andrew! :happy088:

12. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I will be focusing on paring down the tons of soaps, creams and razors that I acquired in my first two months of focus to a manageable number. I learned last month that the previous 60 days or so of focus advanced my technique enough that I'm able to change out soaps, brushes, razors, etc. with relative ease and still learn from the changes. Now its about narrowing down the myriad of options and finding favorites. I'm also focusing on the Shavey Awards presentations shortly. Some Shaveys have already been awarded today, and this is the last day to put in your nomination before "the curtain goes up".

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, Screwtape and 9 others like this.
  13. BaylorGator

The Shavey Awards pre-show has seen numerous Shavey's awarded today. Also get involved by "sticking it to the man" and awarding your own dissenting opinion award or confirmation award while the show continues on. The curtain goes up on the big categories soon! Check out the shavey thread for details.

NCoxSTL, Screwtape, wchnu and 7 others like this.
  14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

:happy036:June!!!

My focus for this month will be new/seldom used razors. The Guerrilla, Blackbird OC, General, and OneBlade CORE razors.

15. BaylorGator

Today is my second day with Panna Crema Nuavia (or whatever it is). Yesterday was the Bleu. Today the Verde. Although I haven't smelled them side by side and am sure there must be a difference between the two, they both had a sweet and spicy aroma that I found to be quite pleasant. Today, I loaded less than the instructions warranted, but longer than I usually do, and I bowl lathered with a minimum amount of water. Still a very thick, rich lather. When I finish a week with this soap I may start using a lot more soap to load on the brush and see if this thicker lather appears on the other soaps I've used with less product loaded. I suspect it well may. Either way, I'm very impressed with the shave I got, fragrance and overall performance of this soap. Tomorrow the red is up. Really digging the shaves with my flare tip too, by the way.

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, Screwtape and 13 others like this.
  16. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Herself is going to a wedding in Italy in August. This soap is on my short list for bring back. Thanks for the review!

17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I'm on my second shave (ever) with Twin injector blades. At the very least, I'm going to stay with that combo for a few more days. Beyond that, I'm not sure where I'm going. I suspect it will be a SuperSpeed focus, though.

18. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I think most of the men 'stuck' it to themselves without any help from you :)

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Timeless OC 0.95 w/El Druida Titanium & Carbon Handle
    Blade: Gillette GSB (5)
    Brush: El Druida Te Vigilo w/Manchurian
    Soap: Nuavia Verde
    Aftershave: Fine L'Orange Noir

My focus this month will be on Nuavia soaps. I really like a lighter handle with my Timeless razors.
    1 06 17b.jpg

Drygulch, Keithmax, NCoxSTL and 11 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful lineup Doug. Love the razor handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.