Just found Gillette razor, what do I have here

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dscaver, Nov 5, 2013.

1. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I was at my local second hand shop, really local, only about two blocks away. He was unloading a box from an estate sale and pulled out this Gillette razor:

Black handle
    Bombay doors
    it is adjustable.

Before you ask, i do not have a camera. Not much of a need for one since the college girls don't come around much anymore.

And there are no numbers that I can find. It is in really good condition with plastic case and pack Gillette blades.

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Sounds like you have a Super Adjustable. They're great razors.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

4. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

+1 Agree, Super Adjustable.

5. dscaver

You guys are the best. I now have the EJ 89 and now this Gillette. My original DE razor, which I used straight for 30 years broke. It was given to me by the Red Cross when Uncle Sam invited me to join him during Viet Nam. It took me weeks to get over the loss.

Are there any other Gillettes that I can't live with out? The Adjustable is to keep in the camper.

6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

7. Ryan B

I'm sorry for your loss... and welcome back.

U.S. Army 2009-present.

8. dscaver

This new crop of soldiers blow me away. You are better trained, more motivated and smarter than we were back in the 60s and 70s. Thank you for your service to our country.

I take it that the Red Cross does not give you a razor now?

Dave

Heloguy likes this.
  9. Ryan B

You guys were and still are tougher than we are. Whenever I think of how bad my deployment was in the Middle East, I think about you guys humping rucks through the jungles in Nam or about the guys freezing to the ground at the Chosin Reservoir or storming Omaha Beach.

If they gave me a razor, I don't remember and probably tossed it right after I got it.

10. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Uncle Sam gave me a Gillette Tech when I joined the Navy back in 1960. I used it for about three years then went to electric.

Ryan B likes this.