Just tried the fatip (piccolo)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ceferguson, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I tried the Muhle R 41 last week for the first time, four shaves very close, not the beast I had read about but constant attention was required. So for a baseline I went back to my ikon slant, smooth, easy but now not noticeably close as what I was getting with the Muhle R 41. I still have four trouble spots even with the Muhle two under jaw on both side and both slats in my neck. Then came the fatip piccolo a PIF from gorgo2, who told me it was a PIF from Big Mark (Just wanted to give credit where credit is due). I hate the handle, more the most part all factory handles, so i replaced it with a elite razor wood handle. Oh my it shaved like a dream (used rapira super stainless steel blade). I have once again read horror stories and some poor idiot on youtube showing himself destroying his face with a fatip. after the second pull of this razor across my face I could tell it was not as aggressive as the Muhle R 41 and what followed was an effortless two pass (xgt, agt) with touch (same areas with all other razors, maybe it is my angle of holding the razor in those specific areas). BUT as smooth as the the Muhle R 41, with NO irritation and no stinging with alum. I was impressed with that little razor. I have never used it didn't know the angles (I've only DE shaved for 1 year counting this month) and could have this great of a shave with NO worry about it hurting me because it just kept gliding so smoothly across my face. I want to thank gorgo2 and Big Mark both of you may have helped me find "The" razor for me. Now I will do a 30day challenge with this razor and handle (I will have to change soaps daily though I can't stand myself if I don't I have to have new smells -- I will let everyone know how it works out)

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    GDCarrington, Jayaruh, Tdmsu and 5 others like this.
  2. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

I think I am chasing your razors. Still on the muhle r41. Really liking that one. Matador open comb up next

Bama Samurai and Ceferguson like this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

My experience with the FaTip was hit or miss.
    On the good days,the FaTip provided an aggressive, yet comfortable shaving experience.
    On the bad days, the FaTip shed blood like no other razor I've used—and I've had my share of aggressive razors.

Overall, the poor fit & finish quality, plus it's propensity for blood-letting, led me to part ways with it.
    [​IMG]

4. Ceferguson

I've only used it once but not having a difficult time finding the angle was very nice compared to the muhle r41 were I was constantly watching for the angle was a big + 1 for fatip and then the smooth irritation free shave that was close to the muhle r41 was another big plus. After saying that I've only used a few razors before, muhle r 89 (too mild)' merkur futur ( hated the big bulky thing), a Rooney razor generic head ( very mild), ikon open and close comb that got demoted after using the ikon slant. So I'm still a newbie but I liked what happened today but the 30 day challange will determine if it is a real keeper.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Finally! I'm free, FREE of that cursed --

ahem

I mean...I'm glad it arrived safely and performs well for you. [​IMG]

DaveL, Jayaruh, Ceferguson and 2 others like this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I like mine alright, but it will bite me if I get careless.
    the Matador oc is also nice.
    the r41 is also good, it's the newest to me.
    happy you like it

Ceferguson likes this.
  7. Ceferguson

After playing with these the capa Roja matador is next on my list

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    No, thanks.

Ceferguson likes this.
  9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

mine is called the elegante. it came with a very nicely knurled handle, with nice weight.

Ceferguson likes this.
  10. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

I have a NEW coming to me soon so I will know myself how it will work out. Our faces are all different...I hope it doesn't draw blood. :(

Ceferguson likes this.
  11. Ceferguson

image.jpg
    I had no trouble hitting the angles on first try and I'm not a master by any means. Just shave like you normally do and I'm sure it will be fine, do get another handle before you use it. I put an elite razor handle on mine

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  12. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

Nice handle there. :)

Ceferguson likes this.