Just used my Schick Krona- again....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by theguitarshaver559, Mar 26, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Last day of the Shark Super Chrome blade audition. It's hanging right in there with the GSB. Next up on Sunday, the Voskhod!

FaceScraper and Bookworm like this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I haven't tried either of my Kronas yet. I want to get my buffer up and running first, and give everything a good lick and polish.

3. RetLEO-07

No shave today. However, tomorrow the Voskhod blade audition starts. Then I'll be hitting a couple of lesser blades and my rotation will be set:
    Leading off-
    IMG_0097.JPG NEW Short Comb
    Batting second-
    IMG_0244.JPG Super Adjustable 109
    Batting third-
    IMG_0306.JPG Super Speed Black Tip
    And in the clean up spot-
    IMG_0536.JPG Schick Krona

FaceScraper likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I have the Eversharp and Schick Krona in the metal tip in both black and gray. I find the Krona to be just a little bit more efficient than the Super Speed. That said I like them both. :signs021:

BigMark83, Linuxguile and RetLEO-07 like this.
  5. RetLEO-07

Today starts a new shave week and a new blade audition for my Krona. Voskhod, the pride of the Rodina is up to bat.
    A very fine 2.5 DFS++(see my post in the 30DC).

6. RetLEO-07

This morning's shave(see 30DC) went exceedingly well. Using a Voskhod blade and the J hooking technique I got a smooth lower neck for the first time! More practice ahead to refine the muscle memory required, but I believe I found a winner!

7. RetLEO-07

"Continuing along the path", my audition of the Voskhod blade continues. DFS+. I really love this razor. There are many Schick Kronas, but this one is mine:
    IMG_0536.JPG

Linuxguile likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

The Krona just keeps rolling along. I think I'm gonna go with one more Russian after the Voskhod. I've got one 7 o'clock Green left, so Sunday it'll get a shot.

Linuxguile likes this.
  9. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

I'm a straight razor guy 99.9% of the time, but when the safety razor itch needs scratched, it's an old Krona with GSB's. If I could be honest with myself, probably as good a shave as I get with a fine straight.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

+1

11. RetLEO-07

Using Regiment Shaving's "High Speed" and Voskhod, after a very nice 3 passer came up with a near BBS compliments of the Schick Krona.
    :smiley respect:

12. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Kronas rock. I have the Eversharp with the grey handle and eagle on the bottom.

Compared to Gillette TTO's, I like the Krona's slightly longer handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas New Member

The Krona fir the last couple of years is my daily, for three days growth i deploy the second razor i have the Fatip.

After a blade trial of about 20 models i settled on Treet Carbons (there are few varieties but all pretty much the same).

Most blades feel smooth in the Krona but the carbon are in a league of their own for smoothness. Second place goes to the Nacet and at third its the Lab blues.

jmudrick likes this.
  14. RetLEO-07

Last shave of the week for the Krona/Voskhod duo. DFS++. Not bad for the end of the week. 7 o'clock Green takes center stage Sunday.

15. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Not in my rotation but I still pull her out once a month. I haven't found a blade yet that didn't work with my Krona. A very smooth (and unsung) shaver.

Linuxguile likes this.
  16. RetLEO-07

I equate it to my Black Tip. Very much the same results. And the blades(Shark & Voskhod) seem to be lining up as well.

Linuxguile likes this.
  17. RetLEO-07

Yesterday and today's shave with the Krona and Gillette 7 o'clock Green. Close, comfortable and smooth. Just what you would expect from Russian steel.

Linuxguile likes this.
  18. RetLEO-07

The Krona keeps"proceeding along the path". I seriously think I'm gonna wind up flipping a coin to decide which blade I'm gonna use.

19. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Derby? *runs*

20. RetLEO-07

:happy102: Ah, no