KAI Captain (injector) Blades ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by maltedmilk, Jun 24, 2014.

1. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Oi! I have overspent my fun money and created a disturbance in our domestic bliss. Otherwise, I might order some of these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/230878197818?

They might be good ol' Chinese Schick injectors in a different box. They might also be poor quality torture devices... OR ... The could be the next great discovery in modern injector blades.

Has anyone tried them?

Does anyone have $17.50 to gamble for the benefit of your fellow injector users?

No, I'm not scared... but you go first! I'll be right behind you. ;)

2. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

It's in Japanese not Chinese... They're for feather artist club razors and the Cobra not for regular injectors.

3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

:signs011:

4. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Well, Japanese they may be, but I sent the seller an inquiry via ebay mail and specifically asked if they would
    a) fit a Schick injector without modification and
    b) came with the injector key.

Seller replied"Yes."

The ad lists the blades as 1 9/16" long. Ted Pella lists their injector blade as 1.5 inches long. I'm guessing the seller counts 1/16" centered between the ends as fitting.

I didn't recognize the logo at first, but these are KAI brand blades. Yep, my google fu, though late, shows them as Japanese with advocates as well as detractors.
    Here's their home page (matches ebay pic, I think):
    http://www.kai-group.com/global/en/biz/beautycare_shaving_captainsharpblade.html

Yeah... I'm thinking that 1/32" may not stick out at the ends because the blade corners are rounded. The radius sure looks greater than 1/32", so maybe the seller was terse but still 100% correct!

SO... back to the pertinent questions:

» Anyone tried them in a Schick injector?
    » Any volunteers to take one for the TSD team?

Still jonesing,
    S

5. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Great. And I could have bought an Injector this weekend.