Kids

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by txskimo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

My kids always seem to brighten my day no matter what. I know I lack in some aspects of parenting but when they say or do some things it just completely changes my day. My oldest already wants to be a construction worker and I'm a brick layer. Kids always have a way of making things better.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Psalm 127:3-5
    3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
    The fruit of the womb is a reward.
    4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    5 Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    They shall not be ashamed,
    But shall speak with their enemies in the gate.

I'm blessed with two, a daughter and a son, both grown and out of the house.
    My son, already our worship leader, is well on his way to being a future leader in our church.

3. txskimo

Number 3 for me just might be on the way lol

4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Children are great! Though they are 20 and 18 years of age by now, I couldn't imagine the past 20+ years without them and wouldn't lose them for the life in me.

If so: congratz to you and the missus!

5. idvsego

idvsego Well-Known Member

I have a myriad of children in my life. 16 year old and 5 year old girls that are mine and 13 and 15 year old boys that are my fiancee's. They can make your life very difficult but then a single moment turns it all around. The other night my youngest was asleep next to me at my financee's house and started moving around a lot and sat up a little disoriented and upset. I put my hand on her back just to let her know I was there since it was fairly dark and she just laid back down and said "I love you daddy" in a sleepy little voice and went right back to sleep. It was the sweetest hing I have heard in a while and a true testament to the fact that usually our kids just need us to be there for them. Like actually be there for them instead of just with them in the same room. I wasn't on a road to prison or anything but having my first set me on the path to becoming a responsible adult and totally changed my life.

6. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Little Dapper has absolutely taken my life by storm. The spontaneity that a child possesses and the ignorance they have to the world is magical.

7. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

My only child is my daughter, who is 6 going on 45 right now. Way too much personality for someone that little, constantly makes me laugh.

Just to illustrate:
    Went to Five Guys about a month ago. Usually my wife and I just share a drink because she just doesn't get her money's worth out of having her own. Getting ready to leave, my wife picks up a drink off the table not noticing that I'm in mid-sip at the moment. Can't say anything since I have a mouth full of Diet Coke. She takes a sip, realizes that it's some sort of concocted lemonade thing that the little one dreamed up and proceeds to make retching noises. My angelic little cherub, who was sick at the time, strikes a pose, points her finger at her mother and says, "You got germs SON!"

I obliged this comment with the requisite amount and volume of laughter befitting the situation, as is my duty as a loving Husband and Father.:cool:

8. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

[​IMG]
    If you look sideways you can see a child in the picture.

9. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I hear all of you lol...

I have a 7 year old son and a 5 year old daughter who is probably 45 inside as well.

I coach all of their sports teams and spend every free minute I can with them.

Truly, family is my main purpose in life these days.....

10. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

Love the posts. As we speak I'm sitting on the bedroom floor of my girls. A bit later than usual as we went out for dinner. My triplets are just turned two. Bedtime is Amber in a bed to my left, Lola in a bed to my right, and daisy lying on my legs. It's the only way I can cuddle/ hold them all and they normally drop straight off. Then I just sit here holding them and watching them. They're my whole world. Them and my 10 month old little boy who's downstairs with mum.
    And most mornings after watching me shave I chase them round the house with a shaving brush ticking them.

11. txskimo

I went to pick up my oldest from school today and decided if he had a good day at school I was going to treat him to a surprise movie. Normally he does and I really don't have time to do much with him by himself due to work but I was recently laid off. Unfortunately he had a horrible day. So disappointed in him and upset we didn't get to go have that movie alone time. Instead we're doing homework together and I feel absolutely stupid for not knowing some of this stuff.