Kiss My Face Lavender Shea

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Kilgore Trout, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Sometimes you have a most bodaciously awesome shave and you feel compelled to shout it from the mountaintop. Today was one of those shaves. Although I am not one for bold proclamations as I am keenly aware of the subjective nature of taste, this stuff could easily be the most underrated shave cream on the market. Thanks for indulging.

[​IMG]

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Is this a brushless shave cream?

3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Technically yes. However, I put three squirts on a wet silver tip and face lather. I get a very thick and cushiony lather.

Primotenore likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I use the unscented varient to 'boost' underperforming soaps. I also use the Limes version for regular shaving. Cost per oz., it's the best and one of the cheapest shave creams out there.

The only negative, is that occasionally you'll get a bottle with a pump that doesn't work. One out of ten bottles or so. I save the pump from the empty bottle until I'm sure the new one will work.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Primotenore and Kilgore Trout like this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I use this cream with a brush. It is fantastic.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Masonjarjar and Screwtape like this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

KMF is not a bad cream, plus it can be found locally and comes in a big bottle with a pump which is cool. I have the Peaceful Patchouli and should use it more than I do. Find that I reach for soaps a bit more than creams, but this one is good stuff.

Screwtape likes this.
  8. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

I have two KMF creams. One of them is the Lavender Shea in a tube. Great performance, it lathers like a dream with a brush. The scent is great too, relaxing, ideal for colder days.

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband uses this as a pre-shave. I love the smell.

10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have a big bottle of this. Took awhile to get the pump working but until it did I just used the pump tube as a dipstick to load the cream. That was my only issue with it. Other than that, the cream is great -- lots of slickness and protection in use, great postshave feel and a pleasant albeit mild scent. And for what you get, cheap too. Also readily available in a lot of general pharmacies, unlike many shave products. Finally, it melds well with a lot of other creams or soaps as a "booster" to improve lather quality.

Overall I agree this is one of those products you really can't go wrong buying.

11. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Yea, if it sits a while, the cream dries in the valve on the pump and it tends to clog up. so if you press down sometimes you get a bit of a volcanic eruption.. but yea, this has always been one of my favorites. I always have some around.

Speaking of Health Food Store items, does anyone remember Tom's of Maine Cool Mint? Oh man, that was some awesome stuff which was of course, yanked from production. The best stuff always seems to disappear.

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have a tube in rotation.

13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

A favorite of mine as well

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Kilgore Trout likes this.