Klar Kabinett

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Darkbulb, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks to a fellow on another forum I got to try out the now sadly discontinued Klar Kabinett shaving soap.

It's a relatively hard soap but you can mold it a bit with some preassure.
    I received my sample slice as a square brick and took @RaZorBurn123 's advice and cut it up in slices and then proceeded to mold the slices into an empty jar as per below:

[​IMG]

The scent is subtle but pleasant. I don't know if I had guessed that it was rose scented though but I also assume that some scent may well have faded now.

It became my soap of choice this morning and man, did it ever deliver.
    [​IMG]

It's one of the 'fastest' lathering soaps I've ever tried [Note: my water is very soft] and the lather it created had great lasting power and was as slick and protective as some of the best soaps I've ever tried.

Trying it was a treat and I will for sure enjoy using up my sample.
    If you get a chance to try some I'd very much recommend it.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You should give Dusy Kabinett a try, you wouldnt know the difference. It's still in production.

Darkbulb and GDCarrington like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks I just read up on some online comparisons between the two and even though the ingredients are not the same it appears that most people do find them to be very, very similar in performance.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I actually preferred Dusy over Klar, I think it had something to do with freshness.

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I am right now, SO relieved I don't have SAD :)

Mr. Shaverman and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I used a bunch of KK over the last few years. For the price, it was hard to beat but far from a mythical product to which most discontinued ones are elevated. I used the same method of slicing it up and smooshing it and have about half a TOBS SC container filled with it.

Enjoy using it.

Darkbulb likes this.
  7. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Would like to try KK at some point but just have to comment on the nice Opinel knife you have! Got one for my brother for Christmas and customized it, he loves it. I should of got on for myself while i was at it :p

Darkbulb likes this.
  8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I am a Klar and Dusy Kabinett fan. I do believe that users of these soaps are in a somewhat incestuous circle. I received my Klar from Dale or @PanChango. I sent some Dusy to Kerry or @RaZorBurn123. I am still using up the quarter brick that Dale sent me and I have not used my Dusy yet.

I really like how easy it is to create a slick and shiny lather. I really enjoy face lathering with it.

crackstar, Darkbulb and PanChango like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, I love the Opinel :)

Daytonkb likes this.
  10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never tried the Dusy, but I've heard some great comments on it at the German Gut Rasiert forum where I'm also a member.

Darkbulb likes this.
  11. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

good to know.
    thanks for reporting.
    gonna try this one day, or dusy.

Darkbulb likes this.
  12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Dusy is still in production. Klar is not, unfortunately but I still have a big brick of it. My River Valley Trading Roseline soap seems to smell a lot like it because of the rosy scent.

RyX likes this.