Lady Blue Star Variants

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I just picked up a couple of Lady Light Blue Star razors today and noticed a few differences when I was cleaning them. From left to right, I have a G4, J3, and K2. The G4 and J3 both have silvery blue handles vs. the baby or powder blue of the K2, and the starbursts on G4 are the same silvery blue as its handle, rather than the darker blue seen on the other two. But the most notable difference is that the G4 has what appears to be aluminum silo doors instead of the nickel plating -- which actually looks a lot cooler. Just some interesting variations that I thought I'd share with the masses.

And this gets #1000 out of the way. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Is the one that looks like aluminum actually lighter? I have one that looks similar, and I just figured it was not as shiny.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Without a scale, I can't tell, but they feel the same in the hand.

Yeah, I though it was just dull too when I first looked at it.

4. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I have one of those, but can't figure out if it's the second or the third.
    Mine looks more of a light turquise with turquise stars.

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Does it look like the one in this thread? That would be the "dark" blue.

6. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Hmmm. I have a few and never noticed that. To me all three of them look like the light blue. the third just looks a tad darker. The dark blue is much darker, unless it is just the lighting.

nvm. you didn't say it was the dark blue. lol. But that is something I have noticed, there are more than one shades of the light blue.

7. soapbuddy

Sorry this is not a good pic, but here is a pic of mine:

[​IMG]

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Irena, that is the dark blue. My wife loves those razors. (I never thought I could get her to use them)

9. soapbuddy

Thanks!
    That's good to know. I like mine too.