Lady Gillette report

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by jilraf, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jilraf

jilraf Member

Hello!
    Shaving with the long handle of the Lady Gillette seems much easier than with the shorter and thicker handle of the Weishi. I imagine this is from the extra leverage? I tried the Lady Gillette with Sharps (as suggested by JoAnna) + KMF cream.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Glad to hear it's going well for ya! Keep enjoying those shaves and letting us know how they go.

3. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Good for you jil and what you are doing is experimenting like all of us to find what works for you. Most of us then migrate to a rotation of different razors and combinations over time. You may want to try an injector razor at some point as that is a favorite of my wife who also has a Lady Gillette. BTW the injectors are very reasonably priced if you look around.:happy088:

4. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Congratulations!! I'm happy you've found what works for you! ;)

5. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Way to go!

6. jilraf

jilraf Member

Does your wife like injectors better than the Lady G? If so, why?

7. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Yes she loves the injector because the shave lasts a long time compared to the cartridge type and it is much easier and forgiving to use than her Lady Gillette with a DE.

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

New

BG's got both...The Lady Eversharp Injector and the whole series of Lady Gillettes...Looks like its time for a Back to Back "Shave Off"....I would be curious how those two compare, I know they are both great and the YMMV factor will be the definitive answer...But it would be cool to hear a comparison...and I know alot of gals and guys around here have tried both...Its my understanding the Lady Eversharp is the samething as the J series Hydro-magic...And there have been volumes written on how great they are...​

And congratulations jilraf...I know those Lady Gillettes are great...I remember BG raving about hers during Super Speed love week...:)

9. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

I am so I love with my long handle blue starburst! I get such a smooth shave it's hard to believe I just started using this razor!

RyX, Jorvaljr, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My wife still uses hers, after a couple of years. She also likes her Merkur Future Clone a lot.

11. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

If you like the Lady Gillette consider acquiring a super 109 also called the super adjustable long. It lacks the ball on the bottom but has an adjustment dial which I think more than makes up for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I got two Lady Gillettes several travel boxes ago. They're in a drawer waiting for my daughters along with some long handled Schicks to decide if they like them. It'll be a few years yet.

RyX and Jayaruh like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That's cool.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

We have three - a blue one and a pink one for my wife, a blue one for me.
    All three are in my rotation. Ain't no such thing as a male or female razor.
    Shaves great!

RyX likes this.
  15. burton58

burton58 Member

Just picked up a champagne gold lady gillette for the wife. We'll see if she likes it, otherwise I'll keep it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My hubby just started using one of mine. He was getting nicks with heavier razors.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I (up until recently) had a blue Lady Gillette and enjoyed its shave. I just had Captain Murphy restore it and I sent it to my daughter in-law. She had been using my son's Edwin Jagger Kelvin and was so happy to receive the Lady Gillette. I'll miss my birth year and quarter razor, but I'm glad she's enjoying it. :rolleyes:

Jorvaljr and Sara-s like this.