Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Allenait

Allenait New Member

Dunkirk, a few days ago.

2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Man of Tai Chi. Keanu Reeves' directorial debut. Lots of action and fun fight choreography. A bit preposterous at times. All in all, a fun action flick if you don't want to have to think too much. Watch it more for the choreography than a cohesive story.

RyX likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Powerful and moving film. :happy088::happy088:
    movieposter.jpg

4. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Nothing But Trouble

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I forget. It was my wife's turn to pick. Some romance flick.

sdguero and RetLEO-07 like this.
  6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy097:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Was this the story line?
    he she flow chart.jpg

sdguero, brit, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

[​IMG]

Some good parts ... overall "meh" one scene ruined it for me. Lets just say TMI.

9. RetLEO-07

10. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

We can't win. Just last night I came up from the workshop and asked what she was watching on TV. She replied: "Nothing". She was also knitting at the time, which she does a lot of. She even handed me the tv remote. I surfed the channels for a bit and found a classic war movie just starting so I watched it. It was "A Bridge Too far". Lots of big names in that movie. Anyway - I immediately sensed that even though she said she wasn't watching anything and had handed me the remote - I had obviously picked the wrong movie. Oh well.

COMPNOR, RetLEO-07 and RyX like this.
  11. RetLEO-07

Just finished watching "Trouble With The Curve" with Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake. I'm a sucker for baseball movies.

24Fanatic365 likes this.
  12. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That sums it up.
    4 words that scare the heck out of me, let's watch a movie. It seems that I rarely get to pick.
    imgur_reaction.gif

RyX likes this.
  14. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

Little Boy (2015) 10/10, Beat the Devil (1953) 8/10 I've seen quite a few Bogart films, and while this one was ok, I've seen much better, and much worse. Good for one time through, I think. Creed of Gold (2014) 1/10, as I couldn't take any more after 10 minutes or so. Yep, it's THAT bad! Just finished The Dead Zone (1983) 8/10 I think this is one of the better Stephen King flicks. At least in the top 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. brit

brit in a box

saving private ryan.

16. David W650

David W650 Active Member

World War II has always interested me so I had to see the movie "DUNKIRK".

I liked it a lot for many reasons. Not your typical formulated Hollywood movie and had for the most part minimal dialogue which worked for the film.

Interesting portrayals of pure survival, duty and sacrifice without glorifying war.

17. RetLEO-07

"The Drop" with James Gandolfini(his last role), Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace and Matthias Schoenaerts.

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Took wife and kids to see Despicable Me 3 yesterday. I have not seen the 2nd one but this one was not particularly funny, the thing has run out of steam. Even the girls were kinda "meh."

19. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

The Quiet Man (1952) with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. My wife and I both love that movie. Timeless.

hamoncan and RetLEO-07 like this.
  20. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Watched quite a few mediocre movies lately. The only good one recently was The Battle of Algiers. What a good powerful movie. Very interesting.