Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

The Commuter-action packed and entertaining.

2. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

[​IMG]
    Pretty awful movie. My 6 year old unfortunately loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHAVEWIZARD420 and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It's a good one.

4. jimjo1031

Yeah, good movie.

5. jimjo1031

Art work was done by Frank Frazetta, also collaborated on the film. One of my favorite all time fantasy artists. I guess looking at his stuff growing up it got me more interested in art and I kind of emulated his work for other people. Most would remember his album covers for Molly Hatchet.

6. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Bad movie but like most Troma films it at least didn’t take itself seriously and made for an enjoyable experience.

[​IMG]
    This movie on the other hand, also known as Gang War, took itself very seriously despite being pretty terrible. The “Kung Fu” fighting scenes were pretty laughable.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Enrico like this.
  7. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Daddy's Home 2

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

8. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Black Panther

Enrico likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just watched it. Liked it. Stewart was at least 10 years too old for the role.

Tom Doniphon is one of the greatest tragic heroes I can think of in any movie, he gave up everything and destroyed his entire way of life doing it. Would have been happier if the film faded out with the cactus flower on the coffin. The coda on the train added nothing except the end line, which really wasn't necessary.

Primotenore likes this.
  10. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Stumbled upon this on Netflix and thought the kids might like it. Pretty neat movie with some interesting animation. The animation changed to more of a cartoon type during action scenes for some reason. I did miss a little bit of the movie while filleting out a salmon for dinner tonight though.

Pilotcld likes this.
  11. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Haven’t watched very many movies lately but have been watching a lot of Twin Peaks lately. I wasn’t interested in it when it originally came out. I’m kind of torn on this series. Many episodes are like a painfully bad soap opera with terrible over the top acting and awful music. Some episodes are quite good and weird enough to be interesting. I’m halfway through the second series so will tough it out.

I did watch two movies today though.

[​IMG]
    Really good movie with great acting and a smart script.

[​IMG]
    This one was a little disjointed. I almost turned it off after the first 5 minutes. The English dubbing of some of the characters is really bad. I thought that was how the whole movie was going to be. Thankfully most of the movie was in Russian with subtitles with a few scenes in English sprinkled through it. The subtitles went by really fast though so I missed a few minor things. The story was good though I don’t know how accurate it is to her real life. Some of the CGI seemed a little dated and obvious but most of the acting was good. Yuliya Peresild, looks very similar to Emily Blunt it was a bit distracting. I thought she did a great job.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Last movie I watched was Black Panther. Good movie! Tonight I plan on watching the ghost and the darkness

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

in the theater-Black Panther -I had a few issues of his solo series from the early 70's
    at home-Beacon Point a b-horror-thriller with an interesting premise that can't seem to make up it's mind about what it wants to be and has above average acting for it's grade.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  14. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Black Panther.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I Can Only Imagine .... Excellent movie! I'll admit it ... I cried ... a bunch. :sad024:
    [​IMG]

Pilotcld and jimjo1031 like this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This week I watched “The Mad Magician” with Vincent Price. It was fun, despite a major plot hole.
    I also saw “Thor; Ragnarock”. The plot meandered a bit, bit it was fun, overall.

jimjo1031 and Enrico like this.
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Zatoichi The Fugitive (#4)
    4-zatoichi-the-fugitive.jpg
    Zatoichi triumphs at a village wrestling match, much to the chagrin of his yakuza opponents. The defeated gang members pay a hotheaded ronin to take out the masseur; unbeknownst to them, the hired assassin is married to a former flame of Zatoichi’s, further complicating matters.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  18. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    This was a good one.

SHAVEWIZARD420, jimjo1031 and Enrico like this.
  19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Class of Nuke em High is a awesome movie! All 3 of them as well as Toxic Avenger. Have you seen Poltrygeist? It is another great Troma flick about a chicken shack built on ancient Indian burial ground. Reduculous graffix.

20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The Butterfly Effect

Escape from New York

House 2

Had the day off and watched these classic movies today.