Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

[​IMG]
    Not good. Bad enough to be kind of amusing but boring for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I usually love Svengoolie and was willing to give this one a chance. But I couldn't get through it. There's just nothing that will make the 3 Stooges fun for me.

Primotenore likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Zatoichi and the Chest of Gold (#6)
    009.jpg
    After arriving in a small village, Zatoichi finds himself accused of stealing the citizens’ hefty tax payments. To clear his name, he must face off against a corrupt official, a succession of hired blades, and a bullwhip-wielding titan, played by star Shintaro Katsu’s brother Tomisaburo Wakayama. This sixth installment of the increasingly popular and prestigious Zatoichi series features ravishing visuals by Rashomoncinematographer Kazuo Miyagawa.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. Primotenore

Article Team
    Curly Joe was the worst. So was Joe Besser.
    Got to be these three...Stooges. :happy088:
    iur.jpeg

Terry and RyX like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I know that 3Stooges fans have strong preferences as to which guys they like. For me, the style of comedy just doesn’t work, no matter which guys are there. YMMV, I guess.

Primotenore likes this.
  6. Primotenore

Article Team
    Correct. They mostly appeal to the juvenile-humor type. Like me! :)

Terry, gorgo2 and Sara-s like this.
  7. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Pretty slow. Funny this movies was considered too disturbing for kids under 16 to watch and received an X rating in England which is similar to rated R in the US. My how times have changed.

Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT, my first ever Blu-Ray. Have wanted to see it in widescreen, as intended, for years.

Second purchase, IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD. Watching that tonight.

Saw WIZARD OF OZ and CASABLANCA for $7.50 yesterday, may pick them up.

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you can find it, try this. Holds up pretty well with a smash-bang second half:

[​IMG]

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just made it 1/3 through Avengers: Infinity War when I walked out. Just before the curtain parted a family of 9 people with two toddlers (literally 3 years old) came in a took up half a row. The children apparently ceased to exist for the family's adults as both were talking, whimpering, whining and screaming throughout a PG-13 movie where 10 minutes in one character is murdered quite graphically. Can't blame the kids, they're kids. What is wrong with adults who (a) bring kids to a movie you KNOW has things like this and (b) then ignore them as if they're in their own living room, not in an auditorium with a hundred other people who paid to see this?

I don't often call people scummy but rude isn't a strong enough word for people like that.

The apologetic but useless manager on duty comp'd me a pass for another showing.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  11. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Just watched Downsized with Matt Damon. I am only posting this so others don’t make the same mistake. You’re welcome.

RyX, Primotenore and Enrico like this.
  12. Hairy Alaskan

I totally agree.
    I have basically given up going to the theater. I can’t stand the constant interruptions. Spending 20 plus bucks for a ticket and snacks to then hear people having full on conversations with each other or hear someone talking on their phone during the movie makes me want to scream. I’m fine waiting a couple months for the movie to hit Redbox and watch it at home on my own big screen and surround sound.

13. Hairy Alaskan

Bummer. Looked like an interesting story.

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sometime you got to call it like it really is and calling them trailer trash is unfair to good people that live in trailers.

RyX and gorgo2 like this.
  15. Primotenore

Article Team
    :signs011:

gorgo2, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  16. Primotenore

Article Team
    Zatoichi's Flashing Sword (#7)
    zatoichi-7-zatoichi-s-flashing-sword.jpeg
    The blind swordsman is shot and nursed back to health by kind strangers. He soon discovers that his saviors are caught between sparring crime lords; bound by honor, Zatoichi stays to ensure their safety. Along the way, we learn more about the origins of Zatoichi’s amazing abilities, and get to see them in action in a stunning underwater duel and a nighttime clash set against fireworks.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

One of my favorites...............

Earth-Vs-The-Flying-Saucers-1956.jpg

gorgo2, RyX and Enrico like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

That's one I haven't seen, but will soon. :happy088:

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Been a favorite of mine since I was a kid.

20. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Not very accurate but a fun classic.

gorgo2 and jimjo1031 like this.