Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Interesting movie and story though I’m disappointed to find out this movie based on “true events” is actually a work of fiction.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Hairy Alaskan

Strange movie. Surprised to see Jack Palance and Martin Landau in this early 80s horror/quasi slasher flick.
    [​IMG]

3. Hairy Alaskan

Been on a bit of a binge the past couple days.

[​IMG]
    Eerie movie that set a decent tense tone. The boy was kind of annoying though.

[​IMG]
    Fairly funny movie that was well acted.

[​IMG]
    Okay movie that turned out a little less than I expected. There were a few funny scenes.

[​IMG]
    Interesting Doc my wife recommended I watch. She wants to try a 10 day juice cleanse now. Not sure I can commit to that but the results shown are pretty incredible.

[​IMG]
    Okay addition to the Dick Tracy collection. Better than that terrible Warren Beatty movie I saw when I was a kid.

[​IMG]
    Really low budget doc on the late Kiss drummer. Interesting interviews but it looked like someone filmed it with an old home video camera and the narration was awful.

[​IMG]
    I finished this series last night. I wasn’t too sure about it after the first couple episodes but it grew on me. I was eventually able to get over the laugh track which drives me nuts. The character development really takes off half way through the first short season.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Black Panther. Wasn't too impressed, found the thing predictable. Interesting addition to Marvel, though.

6. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Somewhat predictable amnesiac murder mystery film but pretty good for a Hammer production.

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Seen Captain Clegg (inappropriately named Night Creatures for U.S. release)? Peter Cushing, Oliver Reed, not a monster movie, more a smuggling/pirate mystery/thriller.

8. Primotenore

Article Team
    Freddie Francis was a very good director and his Night Creatures is a very good movie. Don't know Hysteria.

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My favorite Hammer flick is Evil of Frankenstein. It's often derided but it is what it is and I've enjoyed it since I was a kid. Francis directed it too.

Primotenore likes this.
  10. Hairy Alaskan

I don’t believe I’ve seen either one of those. I have always enjoyed the many Cushing and Lee Hammer films but haven’t seen many of the others. I like the horror campiness of them.

11. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Decent prequel but not as good as the first release in the series.

12. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

The Foreigner on Netflix. Based on a book by Stephen Leather. Typical revenge story but the acting and action was reasonably good.

13. Hairy Alaskan

2 decent classics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Primotenore likes this.
  14. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Pretty poor remake. No idea why Eli Roth felt the need to remake this movie. I thought the effects in the original were better than this one.

15. Primotenore

Article Team
    Zatoichi and the Chess Expert (#12 1965)
    zatoichi-and-the-chess-expert-japanese.jpg
    Kenji Misumi, who directed the first installment of the Zatoichi series, returns with this tale in which the blind swordsman once again finds himself the protector of a child: a little girl pursued by both devious family members and bloodthirsty ruffians. Further complicating his journey is a new acquaintance—a tremendously skilled chess player (the charismatic Mikio Narita) who has mysterious motivations and a dark past.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Primotenore

Article Team
    Zotoichi's Vengeance (#13 1966)
    zatoichi-13-the-blind-swordman-s-vengeance.jpeg
    Zatoichi encounters a dying man, who asks the itinerant masseur to deliver a bag of money to his young son; he agrees to fulfill the request, finding the boy in a village terrorized by criminals. This is the first entry to scrutinize the swordsman’s methods, as a blind monk confronts Zatoichi about his violent approach to problem solving and Zatoichi finds the child turning to the same bloodstained path.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  17. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

I'm done with movies, and Hollywood, I don't even watch regular TV anymore.

18. Primotenore

Article Team
    Yes, but was the "last movie you watched?"

19. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

"Frozen"

Idina Menzel is amazing!

Listen to the voice!!!

Primotenore likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Article Team
    There you go! (BTW, my niece loves this movie)

TobyC likes this.