Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

My granddaughter is the only reason I saw it. ;)

RyX and Primotenore like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Avengers thing with my daughter. Kept thinking what a waste of Robert Downey Jr. talent. A lot of explosions though for those who don't care for dialogue so there's that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

[​IMG]
    Meh.
    I didn’t care for it the first time when it was called Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Good entry in the Miss Marple series. Margaret Rutherford was always fantastic.

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Zatoichi's Pilgrimage (#14 1966)
    ichi-pilgrimage.jpg
    Troubled by his violent past, Zatoichi begins a journey to a series of shrines for a dose of cleansing spirituality. But as always, trouble isn’t far behind, and the blind swordsman soon finds himself defending a widow from the self-interest of ruthless thugs and despicable townsfolk. Written by Kaneto Shindo (Onibaba), this fourteenth Zatoichi is a scathing attack on the upper classes and those who wield power, both in the criminal underworld and everyday society.

Pilotcld likes this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

A rare good remake.
    [​IMG]

Pilotcld likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

watching the daniel craig bond films start to finish...

Primotenore likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We just watched Paddington 2. We enjoyed the first one, but thought this was even better; the story had more depth and it was less frenetic.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    MoAllen and Primotenore like this.
  9. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Fantastic movie with proper gun handling skills which is a rarity in Hollywood. My concealed carry instructor, who also teaches a variety of combat training courses, highly recommended this movie when it came out. This film is always good for repeated viewings.

[​IMG]
    One of the better Marvel movies IMHO. They pushed the comedy pretty hard similar to Deadpool but I think Deadpool tried too hard. I liked this film better.

[​IMG]
    This movie was pretty awful though the bat guy flying around near the end was fairly humorous. I don’t think the film makers meant it to be funny though.

gorgo2 likes this.
  10. Primotenore

Article Team
    Zatoichi's Cane Sword (1967, #15)
    30120.jpg
    Wearying of his wandering lifestyle, Zatoichi yearns to settle down; unfortunately, when he does so it’s in a town overrun by yakuza. He has an eye-opening encounter with the town’s blacksmith, who reveals himself to be the apprentice of the man who forged Zatoichi’s legendary cane sword, and informs Zatoichi that it’s a hairline crack away from snapping. The news prompts Zatoichi to hang up his sword, yet leaving the fighting life and his code of honor behind proves not to be so simple.

I have become very attached to this character.

Pilotcld and RyX like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you haven't yet, try Tangled. Decent music and more cohesive plot. I thought Frozen felt like a bunch of songs trying to be held together by the story.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Primotenore and TobyC like this.
  12. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Not likely, I did see "Sing" though, kinda cool.

And My Little Pony movies! :D

Primotenore and RyX like this.
  13. Hairy Alaskan

Sing is on regular rotation in my house with the kids along with Trolls. Both with good singing performances.

TobyC likes this.
  14. Primotenore

Article Team
    Just throwing this question out there...has anyone else watched a Zatoichi film?

Pilotcld likes this.
  15. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2018-6-15_21-24-44.png

Pretty silly overall, with master assassins that can curve bullets around obstacles to hit their targets. At least it was on Netflix so I didn't have to pay extra for it.

16. Primotenore

Article Team
    Zatoichi the Outlaw (1967 #16)
    Zatoichi Outlaw Poster.jpg
    Zatoichi arrives in a town where a gambling house is kidnapping its poor, debt-ridden patrons. A rival establishment moves to pay those debts and free the peasants, but this second house’s seemingly altruistic boss is actually laying the groundwork for a ruthless money-grabbing scheme. The sixteenth Zatoichi film is the first effort from its star’s own Katsu Productions, and it is one of the series’ most daring, with its complex characters, subversive social themes, and moral outrage.

One of the darkest, bloodiest movies of this series so far. (Still PALES in comparison to today's uber-violence)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just watched THE BIG SLEEP. Now I have a headache.

Primotenore likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

In the background during Thor's meeting with Goldblum, several characters are dressed exactly like far out Jack Kirby drawings. For a throwaway bit that was a nice touch.

19. Primotenore

Article Team
    Watch The Big Heat instead.

20. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Incredibles 2. Minus the kids. The wife and I went just for us. I thought it was a solid follow-up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pilotcld, BigMike and Sara-s like this.