Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Good movie. It has one of my favorite car chases of all time in it.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Last night was "King Ralph" with John Goodman

3. sugarcane

sugarcane Member

God's not dead. Watched it twice.

4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Used Cars. It's so stupid it's funny. But not as good as CaddyShack is.

5. PatrickA51

Bullett is the best car chase. Then the French Connection, and then the Seven-Ups.

6. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Apocalypse Now: Redux. Watched it yesterday for the first time. SPOILER ALERT: I hope Marlon Brando wasn't paid as much as Martin Sheen. MB is in only the last quarter of the movie.

7. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Also Martin Sheen had a heart attack on set and almost died, Brando had never read Heart of Darkness so didn't really get the story, and Dennis Hopper was high throughout filming. There is a documentary about the making of the film, can't remember the name, but its more interesting than the film :).

PatrickA51 likes this.
  8. rmcintyre84

Didn't know that about Martin Sheen, I can believe it about Dennis Hopper, and I just added Heart of Darkness to my reading list.

9. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I regret that, having time to kill while my house was being seen with a relator, I recently spent time seeing that X-Men movie. Utterly forgettable, glad I paid matinee price.

On the upside, a letterboxed dvd of ZULU just arrived in the mail. That'll more than make up for my lapse of cinema judgment.

Slow Joe likes this.
  11. PatrickA51

Sink the Bismark.
    Also remember that Friday 06Jun2014 is the 70th anniversary of D-Day.

BigMark likes this.
  12. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

How can you not love Dana Wynter?

[quote="PatrickA51, post: 680993, member: 10865"Also remember that Friday 06Jun2014 is the 70th anniversary of D-Day.[/quote]
    Which means that the war channels will have great movies all weekend.

PatrickA51 and BigMark like this.
  13. Slow Joe

If you remember the scene where Sheen punches a mirror and breaks it? That wasn't scripted, Sheen was drunk, when he punched the mirror the crew asked if they should help him, Coppola said 'no way, keep filming." Crazy stuff

14. Slow Joe

Saw 2 guns last night. Nothing special, entertaining for an hour and a half but nothing special. Enjoyed Man of Steel though, after the last superman film being one of the most boring action films ever, I wasn't really looking forward to this. But I was pleasantly surprised. Really good action film, shows the downside of being Superman without being depressing. Looking forward to Batman/Superman film now.

15. rmcintyre84

I would be looking forward to the Batman/Superman movie, but I just can't get past what's-his-name as Batman.

16. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Ben Affleck? I haven't heard much of him recently. Ever since the much maligned Daredevil (2003). My favorite Batman movie ever is Batman (1989) with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. They couldn't have picked a better director for it than Tim Burton. It has a dark surreal comic world vibe that to me is unmistakably Batman. The new ones I think are soulless and take themselves too seriously.

BigMark likes this.
  17. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Jack as The Joker. He was born for that role.

fram773 likes this.
  18. PatrickA51

Lonesome Dove the return.......Boy did they butcher it, to add commercials. I guess maybe I will watch the entire Mini-series on the Week end, I have both set, with Tommy Lee Jones and with Jon Voight.

19. PatrickA51

Tonight I just got done watching "The Two Jakes". Good Movie but poor sequel to "Chinatown" They were originally going to make a trilogy to this but it doesn't look like it will eve happen. :(

20. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

El Cid, im interested in Charlton Hestın movies these days.

gorgo2 likes this.