Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Holang-i

Holang-i Member

I did watch fast and the furious 8 half an hour ago it was a lot of the same old same old but it had bigger action sequences a small script but enough to add to the story. Jason stathom and dwayne johnson i thought had a good back and fourth. Stathom on the plane sequence funny but awesome action . I felt like i wasnt blown away but it was a good movie.

2. Holang-i

Holang-i Member

I did watch the scifi movie life with ryan renolds and jake Gyllenhaal was pretty decent and raised some questions in my mind . What if this really did happen scary.

RyX likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

North By Northwest.

Tdmsu likes this.
  4. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

They are all the same movies. Dry fast cars crazy. The end sequence with Statham was my favorite part.

5. COMPNOR

IFC is doing an Alien movie marathon. I missed the first one (they start real early apparently) but jumped into Aliens about 20 minutes in. So i watched that and currently watching Alien 3.

Aliens is my favorite of the franchise. Lots of great lines, good action. One of my favorite movies.

EDIT - I will say Alien 3 does not hold up well visually. I think Aliens still does though.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    RyX likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Skull Island, last week. I'd already forgotten.

7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

"The One That Got Away", 1957

8. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Kubo and the Two Strings
    For the most part better than I thought it would be though I'll need to watch it again. I ate so much at our Easter get together that I slept through the first 30 or 40 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

We watched Hidden Figures on Saturday. An excellent movie that tells a story that is left out of the history books.
    This history teacher will be including it this year (after I've researched it on my own, so I can leave out any of the just for the movie elements.)

RyX likes this.
  11. COMPNOR

Dredd. Never read any of the comics, and I did enjoy the Stallone version from the 90s, but Dredd is just so much fun. From Karl Urban's portrayal to how life is so easily thrown away, it is like The Raid: Redemption.

Hairy Alaskan and RyX like this.
  12. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

Remember (2015) with Christopher Plummer and Martin Landau. I give it a 10/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. COMPNOR

So the day started off How to Train Your Dragon. I enjoy both of them. Later I watched most of The Sum of All Fears. The book was way better (isn't that usually the case), but I know they had to do some rewrites because of events going on in the world. Not one of the better Clancy movies, but not unwatchable. Later was Red Dawn. I remember when I first saw the DVD for Red Dawn, it was at a Walmart. I looked at it and discarded it, thinking it was like a comedy or something (teens fighting Russians? C'mon). But then I ended up catching it as a late night movie and was impressed. Wolverines! And to round out the night, I went to see a showing of Samurai Cop. But it was Rifftrax, so it made it bearable. But it always makes you wonder, what were people thinking?

14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

15. Holang-i

Holang-i Member

This one of my favorite movies ever that shower seen where he is doing the imperonations had me rolling as a kid.

lradke likes this.
  16. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Suicide Squad. I liked it, though it certainly wasn't perfect. It was fun, though.

RyX likes this.
  17. COMPNOR

I liked it, and didn't think it was as bad as most reviews gave it. My biggest gripe with it is that it played up the Joker way too much, when he really had nothing to do with the movie. DC trailers always look great (better than Marvel even), but the movies always lack something and feel more like a prequel than the actual main event.

Last night I watched Keeping up with the Joneses. I found it funny.

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  19. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

This week, my wife and I have watched The Words (2012) 9/10, Hitting the Apex (2015) 10/10, Remember (2015) 10/10, 99 Homes (2015) 8/10, and The Sea of Trees (2015) 9/10. All on Amazon Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. David W650

David W650 Active Member

MASTER AND COMMANDER, The Far Side Of The World.

For the most part it was interesting. Liked seeing how sailors lived and fought in the age (1805) of sail.

COMPNOR likes this.