Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

"The War of the Worlds". The *real* one.

gorgo2, RyX, RetLEO-07 and 1 other person like this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Every Memorial Day since it came out on DVD I watch "Taking Chance" with Kevin Bacon.

Prior to that it was "Gardens of Stone", with James Caan and James Earl Jones. A story of 'The Old Guard' during the Vietnam War.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Bird Lives likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

'Alien Covenant' and 'Prometheus'...out of order. But still enjoyed the two Ridley Scott efforts.

RyX likes this.
  4. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

The first scene was my favorite, followed by the scenes scattered during the credits.

The last two movies I watched were Ender's Game and Edge of 17.

RyX likes this.
  5. COMPNOR

Surely you can't be serious. What do you enjoy about both of them?

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

My wife and I watched to movies last night and enjoyed both of them.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RyX likes this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Mainly the cinematography.

RyX likes this.
  8. COMPNOR

I guess. About the only thing going for them

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley... ooops, wrong movie. Never mind.

RyX and COMPNOR like this.
  10. COMPNOR

It would have made either movie so much better

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  11. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Last night was Swamp Thing which was still mildly entertaining but not as fun as a remembered when I was a kid.
    This morning was Tarantula which wasn't half bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

1st season of Ironside.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

One of my favorite movie lines ever...as the Martians are disintegrating tanks or something, the panicked general asks, "Is that possible?" Gene Barry says flatly, "If they do it, it is."

RyX likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Unthinkable poster.jpg
    Not for the kiddies. A less than glamorous view about the war on terror.

"The winner gets to take the moral high-ground, because they get to write the history books. The loser... just loses."

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I saw that recently myself. The female lead was all over the place; in one scene, she's kicking butt and in the next, she's tripping every 2 seconds so the Swamp Thing can swoop in and rescue her.

16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

As far as 'prequels' go, I thought the two movies established a consistent story line that preceded the events in the first 'Alien' movie. My understanding there is one more in the works that will aid the transition to the first movie's storyline.

17. COMPNOR

The first two movies complete ruin the originals in my mind.

Prometheus, the prequel that wasn't a prequel but was a prequel with acid, a giant face hugger, and then alien that looked like an alien from the originals but wasn't. And then Covenant with things that looked like the original xenos but not quite, all in the name of evolution...

Two things ruin it for me primarily. The black goo, which I find to be a lazy gimmick. The second is David and the way the storyline appears to be shifting towards him being the creator of the original xenos. To which I ask why? What does it add to the story? And if he isn't the creator of the original, but this is just some parallel evolution from his tinkering then what is the who point of the Prometheus/Covenant storyline?

Black goo is like the midichlorians of the Alien universe. Some things are better left unanswered in my opinion.

18. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

if the series can survive 'Alien3' 'Alien Resurrection' and the 'vs Predator' travesties, it'll survive a couple of questionable prequels. :p;)

mrchick likes this.
  19. COMPNOR

I actually enjoyed both AvP movies. There were some things I didn't like, such as a queen just sitting in Antarctica, but I wasn't looking for much. Just some good AvP action. I think the main problem with it was that it carried a PG-13 rating, when every other movie in both franchises are rated R. Requiem gave me what I wanted, with humans just thrown in to be slaughtered. I also like how it continues with the alien taking characteristics of the host, similar to Alien 3.

As for Alien 3 and Resurrection, still loads better than Prometheus/Covenant.

20. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Killer Klowns From Outer Space