Lavender Soap or Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Orgoglio italianO, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Looking for a Good quality Lavender Shave Soap or Cream to accompany my loved scents of Yardley English Lavender Bath Soap and or Agua Lavanda Puig EdC. Any shave soaps in that natural lavender Genre?

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

After 4.5 years of doing this, I bought my first tub of lavender shave cream today. I am hardly an aficionado, but I grabbed a tub of AoS as I liked the scent. No idea how it performs as I haven't used it yet either. Really, I haven't told you much of anything. Sorry.

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Yardley gold is good, my opinion
    or
    Coates lavender
    Coates is get it while you can.

4. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

I quite enjoy RazoRock King of the Castle Lavender.

5. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Ah, another fan of Agua Lavanda Puig. I love that stuff.

For a straight lavender shave soap, Mike's Natural Hungarian Lavender is really nice. I've heard wonderful things about Castle Forbes lavender shaving cream, but haven't tried it personally. I have the AoS lavender cream that PanChango mentioned, and it smells nice, if somewhat faint, but performs really well.

For a lavender-based scent with a lot of other stuff going on, try Barrister & Mann Lavanille. Think Caron Pour un Homme, but sort of... darker. Lavender, vanilla, an old leather chair, wood paneling, an open jar of pipe tobacco. Lovely stuff.

6. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

For Creams: AOS, it's still made by Creightons and its a great formulation they have going.

Soaps: DR Harris. The formulation is still going strong and whips up a great lavender. Also triple milled so the puck will last quite a while.

7. Thanx everyone for all of your input!

8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Haven't tried any lavender soaps but several cream samples that have all been good
    -Taylor of Old Bond Street
    -Truefitt & Hill
    -Musgo Real
    -Coates
    -D R Harris

9. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Dr Harris lavender. Favourite soap of all time. Great scent great lather.

10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

+1 for the Coate's Lavender cream. Excellent!

[​IMG]

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Castle Forbes has a great earthy lavender scent. It's expensive but I find it goes farther than any of my other creams.

12. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I like Mike's Hungarian Lavender but ordering is sorta tricky because he's always behind and out of stock.
    RazoRock King of the Castle Lavender is also really nice, I posted my initial thoughts on it a few weeks ago here.

13. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of lavender. For me, TOBS is the best lavender.

Have you thought about adding other scents or combinations? My favorite lavender based combos are:
    Lavender & Rose
    Lavender & Lilac
    Lavender & Lilac & Rose
    Lavender & Almond

14. Which soap or cream smells the closest to Yardley's English Lavender Soap? IYHO

Thnx—

15. Edwin_Hernandez

Edwin_Hernandez New Member

Oh yeah thats my favorite soap! I like New York Shaving Co. lavender shave cream and Taylor of Old Bond Streets Lavender Cream! They compliment the soap well. Also, if you love sandalwood try Bee and Flowers Sandalwood Soap

16. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Razorock King Louis Lavender is pretty fantastic. Speick has lavender too. The performance is good, but I hated the scent.

17. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Another vote for Castle Forbes here!

18. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

MWF has lavender in it

19. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

I'm not into creams so much but for a lavender soap, try the CRSW Select lavender. Easily the nicest lavender I've used. I think he uses 3 different lavender types and an infusion with lavender that he grows himself. Another to try is B&M Lavinelle, a very good one.