Let's See Your Blade Stash...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by PanChango, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I don't even want to think about how many I have on order. They are coming in from various vendors and all have sent me emails saying the blades have been shipped. Maybe by Friday I'll have a count. It will be well north of 1000 - and that is not counting the 100 Voskies my wife already bought for me.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  2. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I'll join in.

I have mostly Derby blades. They are smooth, cheap, and my face loves them! If I want something sharper, I have my Astras and Gillette Silver Blues.

[​IMG]

3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I finally organized and stored my blades. I used inexpensive ($5) fishing tackle boxes from Walmart. The two full ones each have 700 blades the third has about 600. It also includes the left overs from my sample pack of assorted blades. I bought desiccant packs (50 for $10) on Amazon and threw several small packs in each box. They are blue and when they turn red - that means they have absorbed as much moisture as they can. You can then put them in the oven at 200 deg F for an hour and they dry out, turning blue again. Use them over and over. There is still room in the one box for several hundred more blades - guess I need to do more shopping.:)
    Blade Stash.jpg

Knox, Jorvaljr, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I still can't get over the fact that for me, at one blade a week, that stash would last me almost 77 years!!!
    Even if I went one-and-done, I use a DE Mon-Fri, that is STILL over 15 years of shaves!!!

More power to ya, Col :smiley respect:

5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Attention all members! The Col. has singlehandly set back Russian tank production by at least a year. SecDef Mattis has ordered a special decoration to be struck in recognition.
    That is all.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I figure this represents just over 38 years of shaving for me. I will have to live to be 107.46 years old. Gives me a goal. I'm sure as time goes by and my taste in blades evolves - I'll PIF some of these or use them as trading material. They won't be any cheaper in the future. There are a lot of other things I could hoard - at least blades are relatively inexpensive and easy to store without taking over the house. I have these three boxes in my office where they are dry and just take a couple tucks out at any given time for actual use. If you think this is a lot - you should see my reloading room and library. I compete in high power rifle and several pistol events. I have powder, primers, brass cases et cetera stacked shelf after shelf after shelf. In the library I have some 50 shelves of books with more still packed away in boxes. If you enjoy something then I believe in doing it to the fullest. As Mae West said - "Too much of a good thing - is wonderful".;)

Screwtape, wristwatchb and RetLEO-07 like this.
  7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I understand Putin is trying to call me to see if he can buy some of the steel back. Too late!:)

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  8. RetLEO-07

:happy088: :happy097:

9. RetLEO-07

:happy088:
    HOOAH!!

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Here's my blade rotation D56C5CC6-3011-4BBA-81E5-DCBE20D77668.JPG

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Excellent, just take what comes next.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

wouldn't they be protected by the 2nd amendment?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  14. RetLEO-07

Only if you arm a bear

15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

No. "Arms" has a specific legal meaning that doesn't cover razors.

16. RetLEO-07

One would think we were taking this a little too serious.

17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

If you outlaw razors, only outlaws...

18. RetLEO-07

:happy097:

19. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Will bear shaving?
    Will shave bears?
    Will shave bare?
    The possibilities are endless.