Let's see your collection...

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Primotenore, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Primotenore likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

BaylorGator likes this.
  3. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

For my length of time here mine is too big but luckily the wife doesnt complain!

I also just picked up another vintage brush to restore that isn't pictured and the wife got me a suribachi bowl. I had been furiously hunting a FB and in a day I happened into one in an antique shop by accident. So the FB's most likely going to be in a starter kit Im going to put together for my best friend and the tech will probably be in a set I give to my B.I.L..... I haven't decided yet, want to pass along the love but not purge to much at the same time. The starburst is my lovely enabling wife's. Then of course I have my flare I started with that I love but most importantly the Aristocrat which recently stole my heart!

I also have the Brownie and Tuckaway kit that I picked up before I knew any better and don't plan to use just yet as I don't trust myself just yet. The straight is likely going to be a gift for a friend, I want to use it but I'm still a chicken as of right now!

The SE is going to be given away likely as a PIF as it came in a package deal.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

theFAT98, LSUfanBR, gorgo2 and 10 others like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

BaylorGator likes this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

What's holding the razors? I like that.

Herm

6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Two belt holders available at your local Home Depot for about $7 or $8 each. They are spaced perfectly for DEs.

'65 G-Slim likes this.
  7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Going down south to visit the grandkids tomorrow, and taking another load o' razors. I'm gonna try & swap back my single ring & '65 Slim in exchange for 11 razors & 145 blades (for my son). After tomorrow, this will be what remains...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    mrchick and Jorvaljr like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I can't see anything

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. I'm getting the same error.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  10. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Happens all the time with tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11. Bookworm

Firefox on Ubuntu.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

This may be few months old, but I feel better about my modest collection. Remember someone always has a bigger den or a smaller den .

ob1page and Bookworm like this.
  13. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Well, I (think) I fixed the broken picture thingie...and decided to let him keep Slim. I did get the single ring back, though.
    [​IMG]

That last empty space is filled. No more.

14. WetShave58

WetShave58 Well-Known Member

A work in progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Chrome on Peppermint....

Bookworm and Keithmax like this.
  16. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

I have a small collection but it gets the job done. It consists of a pure badger brush, a vintage Gillette Contour and a stainless steel Mach 3 handle by Will Hodges at www.TactileTurn.com , although I would like some suggestions on a new pure or super badger brush. Mine is starting to fall out of the handle sometimes but I like it's 2.5 inch handle and 2 inch loft, and would like one similar in size.

IMG_0191.JPG

theFAT98, Keithmax, brit and 5 others like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

If the knot is falling out, simple fix is to buy some silicon at homedepot and glue it back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSUfanBR likes this.
  18. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking as well and that would be a smart move. I was looking at brushes and it was a convenient excuse to upgrade to Super, but thanks for the reminder to fix it as the brush works good enough for me with shaving cream.

19. Bookworm

Also, if the knot itself is disintegrating, measure the hole or knot, and simply put a new knot into the existing handle. That's what I'm doing with an ancient metal travel brush. (drops into the container, has a cap)

LSUfanBR likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My gear is spread out, I'll try to take a picture of my cabinet. Nice job everyone!!

LSUfanBR likes this.