LF info about a Wilkinson Royale

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Darkbulb, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

Ah, I missed that. Thanks. How solid is that plastic cartridge mount?

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I don't see any of these:
    [​IMG]

3. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

No, I have never seen a GII Adjustable. Maybe they were only released in North America? They do pop up occasionally on eBay but the shipping costs are usually twice as much as the carts. I have a few Wilkinson Sword II adjustable's. The tub is now even fuller...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gorgo2 and Darkbulb like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Bought this one for $2 today. I assume it's a UK market Grange designed Profile - similar to the Royale.

[​IMG]

5. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Whilst the Royale was designed in 1979, the Profile Mk3 Fixed Metal was released in 1990. The handle is longer, and the underside is not metal. It does feels like aluminum rather than the zinc of the Royale. Good score :) ...

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

So this is an MK3?
    Will be interesting to try it out and compare it to the Royale that I really love :)

7. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The Profile Mk1 from 1979

[​IMG]

Profile Mk2 from 1985

[​IMG]

Profile Mk3 Swivel from 1986 and two different Profile Fixed Metal's from 1990+ with Royale's in the background.

[​IMG]

The smaller metal is identical to the plastic 1986 Profile Mk3, the larger one more similar to the swivel and Royale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The various designs of the Profile Mk3, which could be called Mk4's or Mk5's ;)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Darkbulb likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks, much appreciated info!

9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I have just seen a Wilkinson Sword Royale Mk2. Which I didn't even know existed. It must be from around 1990, but that's just guess work.