Light up a stoagie and lets talk!

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Kyle7372, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Kyle7372

Kyle7372 Member

I want to get all the cigar guys out there and talk about some good and bad sticks they have had. If your interested in stepping into the world of cigars or if your a seasoned aficionado, please post a comment about your experiences. Feel free to post pictures of your humidor collection!

My favorite brands include Olivia's, Rocky Patels, and Pinar Del Rio's. Being stationed in Japan im able to pick up cuban montecristos. My all time go to stick is a Cuban Montecristo #2.

Im very knowledgeable in cigars so if any of you are new feel free to ask because its all about the good life!

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Arturo Fuente, Hemingway Short Story, best cancer sticks in town.

[​IMG]

wyatt46 and Paulie like this.
  3. cohiba

cohiba Member

Cuban:
    Cohiba...especially the new Behike's
    Fonseca
    Punch

Non-Cuban:
    AVO
    Arturo Fuente
    Dunhill
    H.Upmann
    Brickhouse

Cohiba

4. Kyle7372

Kyle7372 Member

Damn you got to try the Behike's! What I would give to try those things. I thought you would have the Cuban Monte's on ur list for sure. I also bought a 5 of Brickhouse's and couldn't believe how good they were for the price.

5. Goodoldboy

Goodoldboy New Member

Tatuaje black label
    opus x
    olivia v
    my father #1
    just a couple that i can pick off the top of my head
    oh and who can forget padron anniversary

6. Kyle7372

Kyle7372 Member

2 stogies on my wish list
    Cohiba Behike (live in japan but still haven't found them)
    Padron Family Reserve

I just recently had a Carlos Torano 50 Year and I must say its now my favorite goto stick.

7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Just had a Behike here in Kingston. Overpriced but it was one of the 3 left in the city for sale. OH WOW it was good. Made me wish I could afford a box but the kids would be eating cat food for a month...

Bird Lives likes this.
  8. Kyle7372

Kyle7372 Member

If i remember right I know they are a small limited production. Cohiba in my opinion is very overpriced because of the name but I have no doubt the Behike is top notch considering Cigar Aficionado gave it the highest rating yet of a 98 i think....So far ive only had the Dominican Cohibas and they are a fine cigar but I can better enjoyment from my Carlos Toranos....

9. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

Great cigar, and yes they are expensive!! Just a thought Justin...maybe we can split on a box, and feed the family on IMP's for a month lol. Tried the rations when I was in Meaford, and they weren't that bad.

10. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Hard rats aren't too bad most of the time. Breakfast IMP's are a complete write-off. I've never been in a unit yet that will serve them, we order extra lunch and dinner to augment the others and don't bother with the mushroom and snot omelette's that people will just end up throwing out anyway. Once I hit Edmonton and get situated for my first posting that will last more than a few months, I'm going to splurge and get a humor and start stocking it again. As long as I can keep my wet shaving AD in order, that is....I'd love to load up 5+ of each of my favourite Cubans and some good Dominicans....maybe my next promotion. A month is pushing it though, they....how to put it politely...back up your plumbing quite a bit, so after 30 days I'd be worried about what will happen LOL.

11. 2005xfr

2005xfr Active Member

My fav?
    Arturo Fuente's 858 Maduro!
    858.jpg
    Tasty!

Sodapopjones likes this.
  12. Kyle7372

Kyle7372 Member

Mmmm.... Im a sucker for the Maduro wrapper! Ive had bad luck with most Fuente's but im willing to give that one a go. If you like a good maduro then id suggest getting yourself a Rocky Patel Edge in maduro.. very tasty!

13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Maybe a slight adjustment in priorities is in order....I mean just one month, and 'Puss-n-Boots' has lots of nourishment..:ashamed001: ...JUST KIDDING !!! :happy102:

14. Thom Murphy

Thom Murphy New Member

What no one likes Perdomo Cigars?

15. ShortStrokes

ShortStrokes Well-Known Member

My favorite is a my father no. 4 But I only smoke those on fathers day. Today I scored a Liga Privida Flying Pig;). Going to smoke that on my 22yr wed anny later this month.
    @ Thom Murphy, I smoke the Perdomo golf line when I hit the links.:happy036:

16. Thom Murphy

Thom Murphy New Member

I picked up a box of the Liga Privida Flying Pigs and have not tried one yet. They are put away resting for now.

17. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

Haven't had my feet too wet, but I enjoy the following: Cohiba, Romeo Y Julieta, Macanudo, and PDR.

18. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

Macanudo Hyde Parks. Im not terribly versed in the way of cigars but those are my fabvs so far.

19. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

I recently enjoyed a Perdomo 10th Anniversary Maduro torpedo. Wowza--a great smoke.

20. maskaggs

maskaggs New Member

I'm similarly uneducated. For what it's worth, when wandering through a store humidor I gravitate toward Punch. If I want to splurge, I'll go for R & J.