Live Shave Demo...

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by CJames, Dec 30, 2013.

1. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

I would keep it focused just on shaving. I wouldn't get into the details of making lather and the different ways to do it. Also, just pick a brush and use it. I think it would be enough just to explain that there are different types of brushes. Same with razors. No need to mention 3-piece v. TTO v. adjustable v. SE. If you start introducing too many things into the "lecture," you get into information overload.

As someone who just started traditional shaving in August, it took me hours and hours of reading this and other forums to learn the little bit I know. If I had been hit with that much information in one sitting, I would have run the other way. Most people want something simple, so you have to introduce new concepts to them slowly. Before I started reading the forums, I had no idea that shaving could be this involved.

tuxxdk and Tdmsu like this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Acually sounds like a GREAT idea!! I hope you will tape it and can show all of us,I know I personaly will watch anything shave related..
    How many people will be there? I think you may make many converts...:happy088:

3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Pole dancers are so 2013. RazzleDazzle does a much better job of mixing shaving and sugar.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I was a little afraid to click on "services." ;)

5. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I just bought a ticket to Florida. Getting my hair cut in the morning. :)

6. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Yes sir. I will have to plan a "family vacation" to the Miami area.

7. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Chickens , lots and lots of live chickens...............
    AND HOT SAUCE

8. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

What ever happened with this shave demo. I hope it went well. let us know.

9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

One of the online wetshaving stores has boutiques located in two of their barbershops, as well. You can always say you just want to look at the shaving gear. ;)

He will likely let us know as soon as he gets back from Florida.

10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

That is very sound advice! I actually think if I had read up on DE's before starting, I might have never started.. the information and choices are _vast_ and can easily scare, when truth be told is that it can be very simple should one choose so.

LifesShort likes this.
  11. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Actually...This ended up going quite well. We had one of those white, plastic, folding tables set up in the garage. I brought examples of different types of razors and brushes. I also brought an assortment of software, soaps, creams, AS splashes and balms, alum and styptic. I first walked through the different types of razors and brushes explaining how they differed. I then proceeded to walk through a very "slow" shave while talking and explaining what I was doing the entire time. This proceeded from washing my face and using my hot towel all the way through AS application and clean up. There ended up only being about 8 guys there as several of them bailed after they found out the talk was on shaving and not "saving". I used to give seminars on savings and investing for a non-profit when I lived in San Diego! The mix up was pretty funny actually. One of the guys actually told me that this kind of thing just didn't work well with his bearded "lifestyle". In all we had a great time. They spent about 30 minutes or so after checking out all the gear I had brought, asked questions and smelled the different soaps and creams. About 3-4 of them are now acquiring gear to embark on the journey themselves. Sorry I kinda bailed on this thread, I've been more of a lurker lately, checking out the forums here and there but also trying to prepare for our move.

EDIT: I forgot to add, the night ended with more gentlemanly fun as we went out for wings, beer and football!

12. richgem

:bounce017:

jpb437 likes this.
  13. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Great job. Sounds like it went pretty good. If you converted just one person it was worth while.

CJames likes this.
  14. richgem

So.... no leg shaving, then? :p

15. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Nope...no leg shaving. Ladies were out doing some dance class...And no...I don't think there were any poles involved!

16. richgem

What? Polish people aren't allowed to dance? :D

CJames likes this.
  17. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Well done. :happy088:

CJames likes this.
  18. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Always in for a good pun. Well Done!

richgem likes this.
  19. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Congrats! You managed to convert 4 so it must have been good. I'm happy to hear it went well.

20. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

Update...I ended up doing this again for some of the guys who originally missed. This time one of them actually ended up trying it right on the spot after me. He had already been watching some of Mantic's vids. Went well, not cuts - just a weeper or two. Though, I must admit, watching someone else trying to face lather for the first time was rather frustrating...had to restrain myself from grabbing the brush!