Look at my new Custom DE Razor!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sejanus, Apr 2, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

wow - best of luck with the morning shave, i wouldn't even know where to begin with your razor.

s~s

2. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Mer says he is now out of raw material to make anymore Mergresses. :rolleyes: Ya know, a little longer and....

Attached Files:

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Give this man a Cigar for wisdom! ;)

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Glad it finally made it there Ken :D Looks interesting, hoping it's a fantastic shaver for you :cool:

5. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I'm sure someone will pick up the ball if he won't continue.

6. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Isn't that one of those carpet shavers? Convert your '70s shag carpet to a bald bear skin rug with just a few strokes of the Mer carpet converter... yes?

7. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

the anticipation is palpable....

s~s

8. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Well folks, I was not going to shave today because I woke up late and had to rush out the door but seeing the razor again I knew I had to sooner rather than later. So I came home and prepped for the shave!

Well, let me first give you the results of the shave and then I'll give some review/feedback on the shave itself. I got 95% BBS and NO blood, so good stuff there!

Ok.. now for the actual shave itself. Well let me tell you.. I have never had a shave like it. It was good, but it was a COMPLETELY different shave. Very few of my normal DE techniques worked because of the razor itself.. and it felt completely different too. There was times during the shave that it felt like I was not shaving myself since my hand was 7 inches from my face.

The really interesting thing about the razor is how different it feels depending on where and how you hold it. If you hold it at the very end of the handle, you BARELY feel the head of the razor.. there is NO pressure at all. If you choke up on it you can get some real bite.

This is clearly not a razor for beginners and frankly I can't even compare it to my FatBoy or any of the other Merkurs I have owned. It is SO different in terms of how you use it that frankly it feels like a class of it's own. I am going to have to play around with it for awhile before I get it down fully.. there were times I REALLY felt lost using it.. :rofl

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

The Scythemeister and his new toy... :D

10. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

The Merkur Progress IS a razor in a class of it's own! German engineering at its best!

11. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

:bounce

NO BLOOD LOSS!!

i was most certain part of your ear was gonna get shaved off.

s~s

12. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Must be interesting navigating your upper and lower lips from 7 inches away. It must feel like closing your eyes and doing it with a regular DE.

13. ZiggyDeath

ZiggyDeath New Member

Did you get a locking mechanism like I had suggested? Or is that adjustment err, knob? tight enough to prevent accidental turning?

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

It is quite snug, no chance at all of it coming loose during use. You would physically have to turn the razor against your face to change the adjusting during the shave.

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Let us know when you have tried ;) :rolleyes: :happy102

16. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I might with no blade.. but otherwise? HEEEEEECK no! ;)

17. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

Wouldn't want to drop that thing on my toe.:eek::eek: Then I suppose it could double as a walking cane.;)

18. Is this what you were talking about ? :confused:

19. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I would assume so.. I have no idea when or where I wrote that or what mood I was in.

20. You posted in the One Razor, One Brush, One Cream blah blah blah I just dont know how to link to the quote so I copy/pasted
    What did this cost ?